Jan 30, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
Those who have seen the “Your Daly Nitro” YouTube series are well aware of the personalities of John Daly, a skeleton slider who loves hair product, and Steve Langton, a physically gifted bobsledding foil.
The roommates headed to a second Olympics are bound by a running series of shorts explained in the video above.
“The Daly Nitro is something we started so people could kind of see a different side of athletes,” Daly said. “A bunch of people asked us to put together a video blog. I think we’re getting better each time.”
They’ve done 10 videos over the last eight months, ranging from 1,000 to 3,000-plus views.
“If it makes you laugh, you’re probably going to watch it,” Langton said.
The videos often see Daly making head-scratching claims with Langton acting as the voice of reason.
“He’s from Long Island; I’m from Boston,” Langton said. “I’m tall. He’s short. I guess we both have good hair.”
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 0
- David Letterman and the Olympics 0
- Caster Semenya: I can’t stop running because of gender controversy 0
- Roger Bannister’s shoes from 4-minute mile set for auction 1
- Justin Gatlin ‘kicked out’ of Beijing track meet 1
- Michael Phelps self-assessment: ‘horrendous,’ ‘garbage’ after winless Charlotte meet 5
- Mao Asada blogs about returning to figure skating 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)