Jan 30, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Few U.S. Olympians have more community support than luger Erin Hamlin, the pride of Remsen, N.Y.
The three-time Olympian is a household name in the town of 2,000. Friends and family are selling Go Erin buttons for $1 and 18×24 signs for $10. More than 1,000 buttons were sold four years ago when she went to Vancouver.
Remsen Elementary School also got into the spirit with homemade signs in the video above.
A pre-Sochi party will be held Saturday at the Remsen ’50s style restaurant “The Soda Fountain,” which added the World Champion Erin Hamlin Sundae to its menu after her 2009 gold medal.
The sundae includes vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, hot fudge, Oreos, peanut butter cups, whipped cream and a cherry on top.
- Boston, Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo fails drug test 0
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)