Jan 30, 2014, 11:40 AM EDT
Few U.S. Olympians have more community support than luger Erin Hamlin, the pride of Remsen, N.Y.
The three-time Olympian is a household name in the town of 2,000. Friends and family are selling Go Erin buttons for $1 and 18×24 signs for $10. More than 1,000 buttons were sold four years ago when she went to Vancouver.
Remsen Elementary School also got into the spirit with homemade signs in the video above.
A pre-Sochi party will be held Saturday at the Remsen ’50s style restaurant “The Soda Fountain,” which added the World Champion Erin Hamlin Sundae to its menu after her 2009 gold medal.
The sundae includes vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, hot fudge, Oreos, peanut butter cups, whipped cream and a cherry on top.
- Shaun White ‘more motivated’ to compete than before Sochi 0
- Lolo Jones eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ 2
- Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps hope to meet for first time before Olympic farewell 0
- What U.S.’ FIBA World Cup title means for Olympics 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ Nike contract terminated 6
- Oscar Pistorius would be allowed in Paralympics after serving sentence 1
- Oscar Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide (verdict video) 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)