Jan 30, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
The Justice Department intends to seek the death penalty against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who faces 30 charges over the Boston Marathon bombings April 15.
Tsarnaev, 20, awaits a trial on charges that he and his brother, Tamerlan, carried out the bombings that killed three people and injured more than 250 more. He is also charged with killing an MIT campus police officer.
Tamerlan died in a police shootout April 19 at age 26.
- Mixed results for World champions in Zurich 0
- Los Angeles’ ties to the Olympics 1
- Five events to watch at Zurich Diamond League 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid is official 1
- Top ten storylines from World Track and Field Championships 0
- USOC, Los Angeles agree to 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 1
- U.S. finishes World Championships with fewest medals since 2003 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)