Jan 30, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
The Justice Department intends to seek the death penalty against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who faces 30 charges over the Boston Marathon bombings April 15.
Tsarnaev, 20, awaits a trial on charges that he and his brother, Tamerlan, carried out the bombings that killed three people and injured more than 250 more. He is also charged with killing an MIT campus police officer.
Tamerlan died in a police shootout April 19 at age 26.
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 5
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu repeats as Grand Prix Final champion (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner denies Russian sweep at Grand Prix Final (video) 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin: I have to learn how to come back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)