Jan 30, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
The Justice Department intends to seek the death penalty against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who faces 30 charges over the Boston Marathon bombings April 15.
Tsarnaev, 20, awaits a trial on charges that he and his brother, Tamerlan, carried out the bombings that killed three people and injured more than 250 more. He is also charged with killing an MIT campus police officer.
Tamerlan died in a police shootout April 19 at age 26.
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Rio Olympics could have multiple cauldrons 0
- Mike Powell eyes masters world record, possible Olympic trials run at age 51 0
- Behind the scenes of Miracle on Ice reunion 0
- Nastia Liukin adds to history of Olympians on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 1
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Maribor slalom, snags World Cup lead in teenage finale (video) 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)