Jan 30, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
The Justice Department intends to seek the death penalty against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who faces 30 charges over the Boston Marathon bombings April 15.
Tsarnaev, 20, awaits a trial on charges that he and his brother, Tamerlan, carried out the bombings that killed three people and injured more than 250 more. He is also charged with killing an MIT campus police officer.
Tamerlan died in a police shootout April 19 at age 26.
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 0
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 2
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 1
- Oscar Pistorius tried to revive girlfriend after shooting, witness recounts (video) 2