Jan 28, 2014, 7:52 AM EDT
Ryan Miller‘s Olympic mask includes a ripped Uncle Sam, a bald eagle and at least two four-leaf clovers.
The latter isn’t a bad idea given the U.S. hockey team’s fortunes at Olympics outside North America.
It also pays homage to the Olympic host nation with Russian nesting dolls. Also, there’s a clock fixed at 5 o’clock (It’s 5 o’clock somewhere?) or 5:01 (Miller Time?) and a puppy.
The mask designs were unveiled on social media.
“Excited to get ahold of the 2014 version of my Olympic mask next week,” was tweeted from Miller’s account.
What’s unknown is just how visible that mask will be on the ice in Sochi. The starting goalie for the U.S. is not yet known. Odds are it will be either the Los Angeles Kings’ Jonathan Quick or Miller and not the Detroit Red Wings’ Jimmy Howard.
- Boston Marathon to move forward with traditional spectacle of a finish 0
- Boston Marathon men’s preview 0
- Boston Marathon women’s preview 0
- Miracle on Ice hockey player selling his Olympic gold medal 1
- Evelyn Furtsch Ojeda is first female U.S. Olympic champion to reach 100 years old 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ prosthetic leg used in testimony 0
- Summer Sanders returns to run Boston Marathon again 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (37)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)