Jan 28, 2014, 7:52 AM EDT
Ryan Miller‘s Olympic mask includes a ripped Uncle Sam, a bald eagle and at least two four-leaf clovers.
The latter isn’t a bad idea given the U.S. hockey team’s fortunes at Olympics outside North America.
It also pays homage to the Olympic host nation with Russian nesting dolls. Also, there’s a clock fixed at 5 o’clock (It’s 5 o’clock somewhere?) or 5:01 (Miller Time?) and a puppy.
The mask designs were unveiled on social media.
“Excited to get ahold of the 2014 version of my Olympic mask next week,” was tweeted from Miller’s account.
What’s unknown is just how visible that mask will be on the ice in Sochi. The starting goalie for the U.S. is not yet known. Odds are it will be either the Los Angeles Kings’ Jonathan Quick or Miller and not the Detroit Red Wings’ Jimmy Howard.
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Usain Bolt pulls out of July track meets 1
- Michael Phelps’ career in photos on his 30th birthday 0
- Michael Phelps’ potential record chases at Rio Olympics 0
- Flashback: Michael Phelps at the Sydney 2000 Olympics 0
- Five takeaways from U.S. Track and Field Championships 0
- Boston 2024 releases Olympic bid version 2.0 (photos) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)