Jan 27, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Lindsey Vonn will report daily from the U.S. for “TODAY” and contribute to NBC Sports’ coverage of the Sochi Olympics.
Vonn, who announced she will miss the Olympics due to a knee injury Jan. 7, will discuss her role on “TODAY” on Tuesday morning. The 2010 Olympic downhill champion will also given an update on her training and rehabilitation over the last three weeks.
For “TODAY,” Vonn will report live from Studio 1A in the days leading up to the Opening Ceremony. She will cover how Olympians prepare physically and mentality for the Olympics as well as share her favorite memories.
- Oslo withdraws 2022 Olympic bid after ‘no’ vote 0
- Justin Gatlin eyes more 200s after undefeated season 0
- Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charges 3
- Lauryn Williams ‘playing with the idea’ of bobsled this season 1
- Lindsey Vonn set for first skiing in 10 months, named 2016 Youth Olympics ambassador 0
- Talk of a sub-two-hour marathon 2
- Dennis Kimetto breaks world record at Berlin Marathon (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)