Jan 26, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
Steven Holcomb won his first World Cup four-man bobsled race outside North America in more than four years, taking the final event of the season in Konigssee, Germany, on Sunday.
Holcomb and the Night Train 2 crew posted a two-run time of 1 minute, 38.54 seconds. Swiss Beat Hefti was second, .09 behind, followed by Canadian Lyndon Rush.
“We made some changes to the sled,” Holcomb said. “It’s running really well. Two awesome pushes from my guys. This is [push athlete] Curt’s [Tomasevicz] last [World Cup] race, wanted to go out with a bang.”
Holcomb will look for his first Olympic two-man gold from Feb. 16-17 and his second straight Olympic four-man title on Feb. 22-23.
He’s done well this World Cup season, winning the two-man title and finishing second in the four-man standings, his highest finishes in four years.
Holcomb also snapped four-year winless droughts on tracks outside North America in two- and four-man. His last four-man World Cup win was Dec. 13, 2009.
1. Steven Holcomb (USA) 1:38.54
2. Beat Hefti (SUI) 1:38.63
3. Lyndon Rush (CAN) 1:38.84
10. Nick Cunningham (USA) 1:39.21
Jul 30, 2015, 3:42 PM EDT
A US Sailing official maintained his stance on the Rio water from last year.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Watch the goalie’s interview on The Dan Patrick Show.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Farah was to have “blood data, supplements data, everything surrounding his medical treatment” investigated.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
NBC, NBC Sports Live Extra and Universal Sports will combine for daily coverage.
Jul 30, 2015, 8:08 AM EDT
Either way, the vote will mark an Olympic first.
Jul 29, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
Felix will be absent from the 200m at Worlds for the first time since 2001.
Jul 29, 2015, 4:49 PM EDT
Biles won’t be eligible to compete collegiately.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:53 PM EDT
It would be tougher for Wambach to make the Rio Olympic team than the 2015 World Cup team.
Jul 29, 2015, 12:19 PM EDT
Rehm has the best long jump by a German this year, but he may have a competitive advantage.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
“If you are in the world’s top 50, you should be able to play in the Olympics.”
Jul 29, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
“I gave up following [Boston 2024] because it was pretty confusing.”
Jul 29, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
The USOC has until Sept. 15 to submit a bid.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT
Craig wants $5.7 million total for all the whole collection.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:28 AM EDT
Its Olympic qualifying tournament is in less than two months.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Watch Kim play badminton with Michelle Kwan.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
Miller said June 15 he could ski a partial 2015-16 season, and a report last week cited Miller saying he would take at least one year off.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
One city’s mayor is open to discussions.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:54 AM EDT
Horton impressively scaled the warped wall, which is about three times his height.
Jul 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
The British Olympic heptathlon champion will compete at a global championship for the first time since the London Games.
Jul 28, 2015, 9:14 AM EDT
A South Sudanese marathon runner competed under a different flag at London 2012.
- USOC collecting data on polluted Rio Olympic water venues 0
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 1
- Simone Biles turns pro 0
- Abby Wambach ‘planning on playing’ in Rio, ‘still need time to decide’ 2
- Los Angeles talks with USOC, San Francisco about 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)