Jan 25, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
Olympic silver medalist Lindsey Jacobellis and 2006 and 2010 Olympian Nate Holland will lead the U.S. Olympic Snowboard Cross Team in Sochi.
The U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association announced the seven-rider roster Saturday.
Jacobellis and Holland were among five riders who had already earned their spots or been previously announced as team members. The others were first-time Olympians Alex Deibold and Trevor Jacob and 2010 Olympian Nick Baumgartner.
Jacobellis and Holland won Winter X Games titles Friday; Jacobellis’ gold was record-breaking.
The two new announcements were Jackie Hernandez and 2010 Olympian Faye Gulini.
Hernandez, 21, ranks 10th in the World Cup standings this season. Gulini, also 21, was eliminated in the quarterfinals of the 2010 Olympics.
Jacobellis is the U.S.’ best hope at gold in snowboard cross, which made its Olympic debut in 2006. It was in Torino that Jacobellis crashed on a method grab while leading on the next to last jump and took silver.
In 2010, Jacobellis was disqualified in the semifinals after hitting a gate and finished fifth. She ranks second in the World Cup standings behind Canadian Dominique Maltais, the 2006 Olympic bronze medalist.
The final members of the U.S. Olympic Team — up to 20 Alpine skiers — will be announced Sunday.
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross confident after defeat in Brazil showdown 1
- Lindsey Vonn loses super-G standings lead, closes in on another record (video) 0
- Marcel Hirscher’s historically dominant win just about ends Ted Ligety’s title hopes (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn lost in the fog in Bansko super combined 0
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship (video) 1
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)