Jan 24, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
The Jamaica Bobsled Team is training for the Olympics in Wyoming and Utah.
The area has actually been the Jamaica Bobsled base for more than 15 years, thanks to an attorney.
In the above video, KSL TV in Salt Lake City tells the story of how Jamaican Winter Olympians wound up in the U.S. and how success in Sochi could resonate back home in their track-crazed nation.
“I couldn’t walk in the streets of Jamaica if we win a medal,” push athlete Marvin Dixon said. “Usain Bolt would be second to us, I tell you.”
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 0
- Zurich Diamond League final preview 0
- Jonathan Horton boosted by 2008 teammate to successful return 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)