Jan 24, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
The Jamaica Bobsled Team is training for the Olympics in Wyoming and Utah.
The area has actually been the Jamaica Bobsled base for more than 15 years, thanks to an attorney.
In the above video, KSL TV in Salt Lake City tells the story of how Jamaican Winter Olympians wound up in the U.S. and how success in Sochi could resonate back home in their track-crazed nation.
“I couldn’t walk in the streets of Jamaica if we win a medal,” push athlete Marvin Dixon said. “Usain Bolt would be second to us, I tell you.”
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Bode Miller out until January due to back surgery 0
- Peter Forsberg and the Olympics 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)