Jan 24, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
The Jamaica Bobsled Team is training for the Olympics in Wyoming and Utah.
The area has actually been the Jamaica Bobsled base for more than 15 years, thanks to an attorney.
In the above video, KSL TV in Salt Lake City tells the story of how Jamaican Winter Olympians wound up in the U.S. and how success in Sochi could resonate back home in their track-crazed nation.
“I couldn’t walk in the streets of Jamaica if we win a medal,” push athlete Marvin Dixon said. “Usain Bolt would be second to us, I tell you.”
- Michael Phelps gets probation after guilty plea in DUI case 2
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 6
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu repeats as Grand Prix Final champion (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)