Jan 13, 2014, 2:25 PM EST
Ryan Lochte is on USA Swimming psych sheets for this weekend’s Grand Prix event in Austin, Texas, which made him eligible to compete for the first time since tearing an MCL in a run-in with a fan on Nov. 2.
But he will not race, according to multiple swim news outlets. Lochte’s first races back will come in Orlando in February, according to Swimming World.
The 11-time Olympic medalist was entered in the 100m and 200m freestyle, 100m butterfly and 200m backstroke in the Austin meet that runs from Friday through Sunday.
Being entered on psych sheets does not mean a swimmer will definitely compete, and in this case Lochte will not be swimming in Austin.
Lochte, 29, tore his left MCL and sprained his ACL after a teenage girl ran to him, he caught her and they both fell on Nov. 2. His knee hit a curb, according to Lochte’s publicist.
He was back training in the pool by Dec. 5, targeting being “back in full swing” after Christmas.
Dec 21, 2014, 10:07 AM EST
Austrian becomes oldest woman to win a World Cup race.
Dec 21, 2014, 7:37 AM EST
The two-man battle for giant slalom supremacy continues.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:37 PM EST
Humphries, Meyers Taylor finished 15th, 16th out of 17 sleds.
Dec 20, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
Rio’s main Olympic Park will be half the size of London’s Olympic Park.
Dec 20, 2014, 8:40 AM EST
Background on the woman whose record Vonn is close to breaking.
Dec 19, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Rome 2024 bid could include events in Vatican City.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Marathon route over Golden Gate Bridge.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:41 PM EST
Phelps was supported by retired Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:11 AM EST
Nyman has won three World Cup races, all in Italy.
Dec 18, 2014, 4:39 PM EST
“He was incredible at that, almost befriending you, and then he’d slip the knife in your back.”
Dec 18, 2014, 3:33 PM EST
Colbert had a memorable time at the 2010 Olympic speed skating oval and in an interview with Bob Costas in Vancouver.
Dec 18, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Olympic champion tore an ankle ligament in November.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:14 AM EST
Vonn entered five races in Vancouver 2010. She may never do that again at a global championship.
Dec 17, 2014, 5:38 PM EST
Decision details Gay’s acquisition and use of performance-enhancing drugs.
Dec 17, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
Fukushima’s previous governor pitched the area to be part of Tokyo 2020, too.
Dec 17, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
A look at host nation medal contenders for Rio 2016.
Dec 17, 2014, 2:37 PM EST
“It is breach of privacy with malicious target to soil my name.”
Dec 17, 2014, 1:51 PM EST
Japanese teen says he wasn’t satisfied winning silver in Sochi.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
History shows that’s quite an ambitious goal.
Dec 16, 2014, 7:12 PM EST
USOC could wait until February to announce its city.
- Lindsey Vonn OK after fall in Val d’Isere super-G (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn wins cow in Val d’Isere, one victory from record 0
- Michael Phelps gets probation after guilty plea in DUI case 6
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 6
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)