Jan 12, 2014, 7:42 AM EDT
Since pulling out consideration for Sochi, Lindsey Vonn has not said anything about potentially going for the 2018 Olympics.
If she did go to Pyeongchang, South Korea, in four years, she would do so in a bid to become the oldest Olympic women’s Alpine skiing medalist of all time (assuming the record isn’t broken in Sochi).
But one of her idols doesn’t think Vonn will come anywhere close to that.
“I think she’s done [after next season],” said Olympic champion Picabo Street, according to the Denver Post. “I think she comes back for a rip-roaring 2014-15 season, she wins those three and then some, she double medals at the World Championships and she hangs it up, becomes a trophy wife. Where’s the motivation coming from for her to do more than that?”
Vonn did say after pulling out of the Olympics that her sights are set on the 2015 World Championships near her home in Vail, Colo. She’s also three World Cup wins behind Austrian Annemarie Moser-Proell for the most all-time by a woman.
Here’s what Vonn has said about her skiing future, before she ended her season last week.
- Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte split duels in Mesa 0
- Boston Marathon preview: Can Meb Keflezighi repeat? 0
- Michael Phelps jokingly challenges Katie Ledecky to race 1
- Debbie Phelps texted Michael Phelps about Rio 2016 years ago (video) 0
- Yevgeny Plushenko to return to figure skating competition 1
- Michael Phelps back with ‘OK’ victory in Mesa 1
- Michael Phelps could be offered World Championships spot by FINA 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)