Jan 11, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Snow and high wind caused the cancellation of snowboard halfpipe and slopestyle finals at the third of five Olympic selection events in Breckenridge, Colo., on Saturday.
Qualification results in snowboard halfpipe and slopestyle will not be used as final results, according to reports. Qualification results in ski slopestyle were used as final results Friday. Ski halfpipe was postponed until 11:30 a.m. ET on Sunday.
Rules for official results in snowboarding and freeskiing are different.
What complicates matters further in snowboarding is that next week’s competition in Mammoth Mountain, Calif., was already going to include two snowboard finals. Will U.S. Snowboarding add a third set of finals?
Shaun White had a chance to clinch his Olympic berth in slopestyle in Breckenridge.
The athletes justifiably aired their thoughts on social media after a rough week of delays and cancellations.
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 0
- Simone Biles turns pro 0
- Abby Wambach ‘planning on playing’ in Rio, ‘still need time to decide’ 2
- Los Angeles talks with USOC, San Francisco about 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 0
- Jim Craig wants to sell ‘Miracle on Ice’ memorabilia, gold medal 1
- Phil Dalhausser, Sean Rosenthal split 0
- Boston ends bid for 2024 Olympics; USOC wants another city 5
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)