Jan 10, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
The Sochi Olympic halfpipe will be 99 feet longer and seven feet wider than the halfpipe at the 2010 Olympics.
Competition on the pipe does not start until Feb. 11, but the International Ski Federation released diagrams on Thursday.
The pipe will be used twice as much in Sochi than any previous Olympic halfpipe, given the addition of ski halfpipe to the Olympic program.
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Ted Ligety struggles in first race of season (video) 0
- Japan’s Machida routs U.S. men at Skate America; ice dancers make history 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)