Jan 10, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
The Sochi Olympic halfpipe will be 99 feet longer and seven feet wider than the halfpipe at the 2010 Olympics.
Competition on the pipe does not start until Feb. 11, but the International Ski Federation released diagrams on Thursday.
The pipe will be used twice as much in Sochi than any previous Olympic halfpipe, given the addition of ski halfpipe to the Olympic program.
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Rio 2016 Olympic torch unveiled 0
- Allyson Felix considering 200-400m double at Worlds 0
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Usain Bolt pulls out of July track meets 1
- Michael Phelps’ career in photos on his 30th birthday 0
- Michael Phelps’ potential record chases at Rio Olympics 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)