Jan 10, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
The Sochi Olympic halfpipe will be 99 feet longer and seven feet wider than the halfpipe at the 2010 Olympics.
Competition on the pipe does not start until Feb. 11, but the International Ski Federation released diagrams on Thursday.
The pipe will be used twice as much in Sochi than any previous Olympic halfpipe, given the addition of ski halfpipe to the Olympic program.
- USOC collecting data on polluted Rio Olympic water venues 0
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 1
- Simone Biles turns pro 0
- Abby Wambach ‘planning on playing’ in Rio, ‘still need time to decide’ 2
- Los Angeles talks with USOC, San Francisco about 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)