Jan 10, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
The Sochi Olympic halfpipe will be 99 feet longer and seven feet wider than the halfpipe at the 2010 Olympics.
Competition on the pipe does not start until Feb. 11, but the International Ski Federation released diagrams on Thursday.
The pipe will be used twice as much in Sochi than any previous Olympic halfpipe, given the addition of ski halfpipe to the Olympic program.
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 3
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)