Jan 10, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
The Sochi Olympic halfpipe will be 99 feet longer and seven feet wider than the halfpipe at the 2010 Olympics.
Competition on the pipe does not start until Feb. 11, but the International Ski Federation released diagrams on Thursday.
The pipe will be used twice as much in Sochi than any previous Olympic halfpipe, given the addition of ski halfpipe to the Olympic program.
- Missy Franklin on her dream relay, unusual autographs, ‘the worm’ 0
- Tanith Belbin, Charlie White get married 1
- Bruce Jenner: I’m a woman; Olympians react 4
- Michael Phelps to move to Arizona with coach Bob Bowman 0
- Simone Biles discusses Martha Karolyi’s team selfie, U.S. teammates, more 0
- Usain Bolt: Tyson Gay’s reduced ban ‘the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard’ 0
- Doug E. Doug reflects on ‘Cool Runnings’ 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)