Jan 10, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
The Sochi Olympic halfpipe will be 99 feet longer and seven feet wider than the halfpipe at the 2010 Olympics.
Competition on the pipe does not start until Feb. 11, but the International Ski Federation released diagrams on Thursday.
The pipe will be used twice as much in Sochi than any previous Olympic halfpipe, given the addition of ski halfpipe to the Olympic program.
- Trailer released for ‘Unbroken,’ about the life of Olympic track star Zamperini 0
- Lacrosse is charging hard for a 2024 Olympic return 0
- IOC prez praises ‘dynamism’ of Rio’s progress but warns ‘there is still no time to lose’ 1
- Defense team for Oscar Pistorius closes case 2
- Documentary on LGBT Olympians secretly filmed at Sochi Games 1
- Gay, Richards-Ross sprint to victories in Paris rain 0
- IOC announces 3 finalists to host 2022 Winter Olympics 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)