Jan 9, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Shaun White has graced every Winter X Games this century. That 14-year streak may come to an end in two weeks.
White said Thursday he is unlikely to compete at the X Games that begin Jan. 23, according to USA Today.
White, 27, is not only the two-time reigning Olympic halfpipe champion, but he is also the six-time reigning X Games halfpipe champion.
The X Games in Aspen, Colo., do not conflict with U.S. Olympic selection events, which end for snowboarding Jan. 19.
He first competed at the Winter X Games at age 13 in 2000, finishing 15th in the halfpipe.
White also told the newspaper he’s “very excited” about the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics, when he will be 31.
- Bond between Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles 0
- Michael Phelps, Missy Franklin 4th in 100 free, win Pan Pacs relay golds 0
- Simone Biles dominates to open P&G Championships 0
- Amy Van Dyken-Rouen stands, walks with assistance for first time since accident (video) 3
- Sam Mikulak leads one of most decorated P&G Championships fields ever 0
- Katie Ledecky wins 2 Pan Pacs titles; Missy Franklin places 3rd 1
- Simone Biles a tall favorite at P&G Championships; women’s preview 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)