Jan 8, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Though it came early in the day, Lindsey Vonn‘s announcement Tuesday was given front page treatment from major newspapers.
The New York Times and Italy’s top sports daily, Gazzetta dello Sport, both put Vonn near the bottom of their front pages Wednesday.
USA Today, Vonn’s hometown newspapers (Denver Post, Minneapolis Star-Tribune) and top French sports daily L’Equipe put her even higher.
Take a look:
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 0
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 0
- Simone Biles turns pro 0
- Abby Wambach ‘planning on playing’ in Rio, ‘still need time to decide’ 2
- Los Angeles talks with USOC, San Francisco about 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 0
- Jim Craig wants to sell ‘Miracle on Ice’ memorabilia, gold medal 2
- Phil Dalhausser, Sean Rosenthal split 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)