Jan 7, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
They are not technically Olympic Trials, but the U.S. Figure Skating Championships will largely determine which skaters go to Sochi.
A team of three women, two men, three ice dance couples and two pairs couples will be chosen following results at the TD Garden in Boston this weekend.
In 2010, the U.S. Olympic Team was made up in the order of the U.S. Championships results, though U.S. Figure Skating has leeway in its decision-making process.
Favorites include Olympic silver medalist ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White and reigning U.S. champions Ashley Wagner, Max Aaron and 2012 U.S. champion pairs team Caydee Denney and John Coughlin.
Here’s the schedule for the U.S. Championships with TV/web stream information (all times Eastern):
Pairs short program — 4:15-6:15 p.m.
Women’s short program — 7:45-11 p.m.
Ice dance short dance — 1:45-4:30 p.m.
Men’s short program — 8-11:20 p.m.
Saturday — NBC and NBC Sports Live Extra from 3-6 p.m. and 8-11 p.m.
Pairs free skate — 2:45-4:10 p.m.
Ice dance free dance — 4:25-5:55 p.m.
Women’s free skate — 6:45-11 p.m.
Sunday — NBC and NBC Sports Live Extra from 3-5 p.m.
Women’s, pairs, ice dance Olympic Team announcement — 12 p.m. (approximately)
Men’s free skate — 12:50-4:50 p.m.
Men’s Olympic Team announcement — 7:15 p.m. (approximately)
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 0
- Zurich Diamond League final preview 0
- Jonathan Horton boosted by 2008 teammate to successful return 0
- Sam Mikulak rallies for repeat P&G Championships title (video) 0
- Usain Bolt ends his season 2
- Katie Ledecky smashes another world record at Pan Pacs 4
- Simone Biles awes judges, U.S. legend to repeat at P&G Championships 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)