Jan 7, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
They are not technically Olympic Trials, but the U.S. Figure Skating Championships will largely determine which skaters go to Sochi.
A team of three women, two men, three ice dance couples and two pairs couples will be chosen following results at the TD Garden in Boston this weekend.
In 2010, the U.S. Olympic Team was made up in the order of the U.S. Championships results, though U.S. Figure Skating has leeway in its decision-making process.
Favorites include Olympic silver medalist ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White and reigning U.S. champions Ashley Wagner, Max Aaron and 2012 U.S. champion pairs team Caydee Denney and John Coughlin.
Here’s the schedule for the U.S. Championships with TV/web stream information (all times Eastern):
Pairs short program — 4:15-6:15 p.m.
Women’s short program — 7:45-11 p.m.
Ice dance short dance — 1:45-4:30 p.m.
Men’s short program — 8-11:20 p.m.
Saturday — NBC and NBC Sports Live Extra from 3-6 p.m. and 8-11 p.m.
Pairs free skate — 2:45-4:10 p.m.
Ice dance free dance — 4:25-5:55 p.m.
Women’s free skate — 6:45-11 p.m.
Sunday — NBC and NBC Sports Live Extra from 3-5 p.m.
Women’s, pairs, ice dance Olympic Team announcement — 12 p.m. (approximately)
Men’s free skate — 12:50-4:50 p.m.
Men’s Olympic Team announcement — 7:15 p.m. (approximately)
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 0
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 2
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 1
- Oscar Pistorius tried to revive girlfriend after shooting, witness recounts (video) 2