Jan 7, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
These could be the first Olympics with at least one NHL player on every hockey team.
Thank Mats Zuccarello. Norway’s only NHL player on the roster announced Tuesday is a talented one.
Zuccarello, 26, leads the New York Rangers in points. He also played for Norway at the 2010 Olympics, where the nation earned style points for its chic jerseys but ultimately failed to win a game.
He was in hot water in 2013 and in jeopardy of not being put on the Olympic Team because he had a sponsorship with a company that rivaled one of the Norwegian National Team’s sponsors.
Norway has never made it past the Olympic quarterfinals, but it has now qualified for two straight Winter Games after missing 1998, 2002 and 2006.
Here’s the full Norway roster:
Jonas Holos — former Colorado Avalanche player
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen — former NHL player
Mats Zuccarello — New York Rangers
Patrick Thoresen — former NHL player
Ken Andre Olimb
Mats Rosseli Olsen
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid is official 0
- Top ten storylines from World Track and Field Championships 0
- USOC, Los Angeles agree to 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 0
- U.S. finishes World Championships with fewest medals since 2003 3
- Usain Bolt anchors Jamaica to 4x100m relay gold after U.S. mishap 5
- Ashton Eaton breaks decathlon world record, wins World Championship 2
- Aries Merritt wins bronze before kidney transplant; incredible Worlds performances 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)