Jan 7, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
These could be the first Olympics with at least one NHL player on every hockey team.
Thank Mats Zuccarello. Norway’s only NHL player on the roster announced Tuesday is a talented one.
Zuccarello, 26, leads the New York Rangers in points. He also played for Norway at the 2010 Olympics, where the nation earned style points for its chic jerseys but ultimately failed to win a game.
He was in hot water in 2013 and in jeopardy of not being put on the Olympic Team because he had a sponsorship with a company that rivaled one of the Norwegian National Team’s sponsors.
Norway has never made it past the Olympic quarterfinals, but it has now qualified for two straight Winter Games after missing 1998, 2002 and 2006.
Here’s the full Norway roster:
Jonas Holos — former Colorado Avalanche player
Ole-Kristian Tollefsen — former NHL player
Mats Zuccarello — New York Rangers
Patrick Thoresen — former NHL player
Ken Andre Olimb
Mats Rosseli Olsen
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)