Jan 4, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
Vladimir Putin continued his winter sports tour in Sochi on Saturday, playing hockey at the site of the Olympic hockey gold-medal games.
Putin played a friendly game with Russian Olympians and NHL legends Pavel Bure and Slava Fetisov and Belarus president Aleksander Lukashenko, according to Russian outlet RT.
Also Saturday, Putin watched parts of a rehearsal of the Opening Ceremony set for Feb. 7 and softened his decree outlawing demonstrations and protests during the Games.
Here are video highlights of Putin’s hockey game:
Here are photos:
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski, Terry Gannon named NBC’s lead figure skating announcers 0
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 3
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)