Jan 4, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
Vladimir Putin continued his winter sports tour in Sochi on Saturday, playing hockey at the site of the Olympic hockey gold-medal games.
Putin played a friendly game with Russian Olympians and NHL legends Pavel Bure and Slava Fetisov and Belarus president Aleksander Lukashenko, according to Russian outlet RT.
Also Saturday, Putin watched parts of a rehearsal of the Opening Ceremony set for Feb. 7 and softened his decree outlawing demonstrations and protests during the Games.
Here are video highlights of Putin’s hockey game:
Here are photos:
- Prefontaine Classic preview, schedule, broadcast info 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings injures shoulder, forfeits match 0
- Katie Uhlaender, skeleton World champion, becomes track cyclist 0
- Missy Franklin returns to Colorado, coach Todd Schmitz 1
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 1
- David Letterman and the Olympics 0
- Caster Semenya: I can’t stop running because of gender controversy 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)