Jan 4, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
Vladimir Putin continued his winter sports tour in Sochi on Saturday, playing hockey at the site of the Olympic hockey gold-medal games.
Putin played a friendly game with Russian Olympians and NHL legends Pavel Bure and Slava Fetisov and Belarus president Aleksander Lukashenko, according to Russian outlet RT.
Also Saturday, Putin watched parts of a rehearsal of the Opening Ceremony set for Feb. 7 and softened his decree outlawing demonstrations and protests during the Games.
Here are video highlights of Putin’s hockey game:
Here are photos:
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)