Jan 4, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
Vladimir Putin continued his winter sports tour in Sochi on Saturday, playing hockey at the site of the Olympic hockey gold-medal games.
Putin played a friendly game with Russian Olympians and NHL legends Pavel Bure and Slava Fetisov and Belarus president Aleksander Lukashenko, according to Russian outlet RT.
Also Saturday, Putin watched parts of a rehearsal of the Opening Ceremony set for Feb. 7 and softened his decree outlawing demonstrations and protests during the Games.
Here are video highlights of Putin’s hockey game:
Here are photos:
- Bruce Jenner’s Olympic Torch going up for auction 0
- Will Abby Wambach play in Rio? 1
- Rory McIlroy ruptures ankle ligment 2
- U.S. Women undefeated after opening of indoor volleyball Grand Prix tournament 0
- Lucena, Brunner finish fourth while Brazilians claim victory at Beach Volleyball World Championships 0
- Jamaican sprinters Asafa Powell and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce dominate at Paris Diamond League 0
- Jordan Burroughs on Rio: ‘My chances of winning’ are better than in London 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)