Dec 17, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
Heather Mills, the former model and ex-wife of Paul McCartney, gave up hope of skiing in the Sochi 2014 Paralympics due to injury and equipment problems.
Mills, 45, had her left leg amputated below the knee in 1993 after a collision with a police motorcycle. She married McCartney in 2000, and the couple divorced in 2008.
She joined the British development ski team in 2010 and won a silver medal in an international event in New Zealand in August.
Mills gave up hope one day after IPC Skiing, the sport’s international governing body, informed the British team that Mills’ equipment needed to be amended before she could compete again, according to the BBC.
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics chief quits 0
- Tori Bowie, Justin Gatlin star at Monaco Diamond League meet 0
- Mariel Zagunis wins silver at World Fencing Championships (video) 0
- Monaco Diamond League on world record watch; preview 0
- Gabby Douglas leaves coach Liang Chow, again 0
- Lindsey Vonn, Roger Federer play tennis in the Alps (photos) 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)