Dec 14, 2013, 7:39 PM EST
Usain Bolt is faster than a bus.
The six-time Olympic champion sprinter took to the streets of Buenos Aires, Argentina, in an 80m exhibition race with a bus televised by Argentina TV on Saturday.
The race was a bit of a dud (video here). Bolt, in a green top and black shorts in the South American spring, appeared to take it seriously going in. He stretched for several minutes beforehand.
He was smiling from a standing start. Very early into the race, he realized the bus had no chance and began jogging only to pick up his pace before crossing the finish line as the yellow bus sped up.
Bolt shook the bus driver’s hand, knocked on the windows and posed in front of it in his famous “To Di World” style for photos.
Bolt then raced other sprinters on the same street, 9 de Julio Avenue in central Buenos Aires, and won that just as easily. The 9 de Julio Avenue is billed as the widest in the world with at least seven lanes in each direction.
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard; Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard 0
- Angelina Jolie showed Louis Zamperini scenes of ‘Unbroken’ on hospital bed 0
- Joss Christensen becomes ‘mountain man’ since Sochi Olympics 0
- IOC proposes adding Olympic events, bid reforms 0
- Ryan Lochte: I have no doubt Michael Phelps will come back 1
- Doha gets 2019 World Track and Field Championships over Eugene, Barcelona 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)