Dec 7, 2013, 4:28 PM EST
Steve Holcomb is four for four this season.
The Olympic champion drove a four-man bobsled to victory in his hometown of Park City, Utah, on Saturday.
Holcomb, with Curt Tomasevicz, Steve Langton and Chris Fogt, won with a two-run time of 1 minute, 34.76 seconds. Germany’s Max Arndt was second, .35 of a second back. Russian Aleksander Kasyanov was third.
Holcomb, Arndt and Kasyanov all shared first place after identical opening-run times.
Holcomb swept the two- and four-man races in Park City, repeating his feat in the season opener in Calgary, Alberta, last weekend.
“I made a few mistakes in the first run, wanted to make sure I cleaned that up, and we did,” Holcomb said. “Huge start from the guys, the second run.”
The World Cup bobsled season continues in Lake Placid, N.Y., next weekend. Holcomb swept the two- and four-man events at the 2012 World Championships in Lake Placid.
Holcomb, 33, hasn’t won a World Cup or World Championship race on a European track in nearly four years. That’s especially noteworthy given the Olympics are in Sochi, Russia.
“We have to keep our momentum going,” Holcomb said. “At this point, it is real easy to get complacent. The second we ease up the rest of the field will jump up and stop us. It is only going to get harder and harder the rest of the season.”
Park City Four-Man Bobsled
1. Steve Holcomb (USA) 1:34.76
2. Max Arndt (GER) 1:35.11
3. Aleksander Kasyanov (RUS) 1:35.12
13. Cory Butner (USA) 1:35.42
15. Nick Cunningham (USA) 1:35.48
- WATCH LIVE: Sochi Paralympics, Day 1 0
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 0
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 0