Dec 5, 2013, 8:17 AM EDT
Lindsey Vonn is working her way back for Sochi, but it’s still unknown if Tiger Woods will be there in February.
Woods was asked if he’s “making plans to be in Sochi” on Wednesday.
“I think that’s just day to day,” Woods said at the Northwestern Mutual Challenge in Sherwood Oaks, Calif. “We just don’t know how her leg’s going to be. We’ll just take it day to day, race to race.”
Woods’ comments agree with what Vonn said in August.
Woods would seem to be free from PGA Tour play while Vonn competes in her best events in Sochi (downhill, super-G), if you go by his normal schedule.
Vonn could compete on Feb. 10, Feb. 12, Feb. 15 and Feb. 18 in Sochi.
The PGA Tour’s Pebble Beach National Pro-Am is Feb. 6-9, followed by the Northern Trust Open at Riviera from Feb. 13-16. Woods has played Pebble Beach once since 2002 and hasn’t played Riviera since 2006.
A bigger tournament, the Accenture Match Play Championship, begins Feb. 19. Woods has played that the last three years. If he plays again in 2014, he would surely miss the Feb. 18 giant slalom, though Vonn has never won an Olympic or World Championships medal in that event.
Woods said Vonn has also “hinted” toward him to tweet more.
“I grew up in a different era, and it’s a little bit different for me,” said Woods, who is eight years older than Vonn. “I’m still a little bit old school. I’m kind of getting towards it, but still not quite grasping the whole concept yet, but I’ll get there eventually.”
- Shaun White ‘more motivated’ to compete than before Sochi 0
- Lolo Jones eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ 5
- Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps hope to meet for first time before Olympic farewell 0
- What U.S.’ FIBA World Cup title means for Olympics 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ Nike contract terminated 6
- Oscar Pistorius would be allowed in Paralympics after serving sentence 1
- Oscar Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide (verdict video) 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)