Dec 3, 2013, 11:04 AM EST
Olympic weightlifter Holley Mangold was eliminated from “The Biggest Loser,” but not after she dropped 91 pounds in seven weeks.
“It was a lot of hard work and not a lot of food,” Mangold, who went from 351 pounds to 260, said on “TODAY” on Tuesday. “It was extremely emotional [to be eliminated]. It’s hard. You bond with those people, and it becomes a big family. It was really hard to leave.”
Mangold, 23, placed 10th in the super heavyweight division at the 2012 Olympics. She weighed in at 346 pounds in London, 60 pounds heavier than anybody else in her weight class, which is set at 165 pounds and over.
She thinks she knows what went wrong on “The Biggest Loser.”
“I think I realized my body might be allergic to running,” she said, laughing. “So, I stopped that.”
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 0
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 2
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 1
- Oscar Pistorius tried to revive girlfriend after shooting, witness recounts (video) 2