Dec 2, 2013, 10:04 AM EDT
NBC Olympics announced three hosts for its coverage of the Sochi Games in February on Monday.
Dan Patrick and Rebecca Lowe will host NBCSN’s live weekday and weekend coverage. Lester Holt will anchor NBC’s weekday afternoon coverage.
“We are excited to add Dan, Rebecca and Lester to our roster of anchors,” said Jim Bell, Executive Producer of NBC Olympics. “With wide-ranging experience, they will provide NBC and NBCSN viewers with news, insight and storytelling.”
Patrick, 57, hosted NBC’s daytime coverage of the 2012 London Olympics and served as a reporter at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
Lowe, 33, will make her Olympic debut. She joined NBC as a host of its Premier League soccer coverage earlier this year.
“My background, coming from the UK, is that the Winter Olympics are not as big as the Summer Olympics and that’s really because we are not very good at them,” Lowe said, according to Sports Illustrated. “I’m not going to say that I come in with a ton of Winter Olympics knowledge, but I come in with an open brain and an appetite to learn. My head will be in the books and I am not somebody who does something in life not fully prepared.”
Holt, 54, hosted MSNBC’s daytime coverage of the 2004 Athens Olympics and served as a sports desk reporter for the Olympics in 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2012.
Patrick, Lowe and Holt join Bob Costas, who will host NBC primetime and late night coverage, and Al Michaels, who will host NBC weekend afternoon and NBCSN weekday coverage.
- Yuna Kim to skate in ‘retirement event’ 0
- More U.S. Paralympians crash in Alpine skiing 0
- U.S., Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce star to end World Indoor Championships 0
- U.S. speed skaters excel at first post-Olympic World Cup 0
- U.S. wins 2 medals on Day 2 of Paralympics, gold still elusive 1
- Ashton Eaton ‘disappointed’ after missing world record in heptathlon; World Indoors recap 0
- U.S. wins 3 medals on first day of Sochi Paralympics 0