Nov 25, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Ron Burgundy is venturing into sports. Not just any sport, but curling. In Canada.
In his “Anchorman” character, Will Ferrell will cover the Roar of the Rings, Canada’s Olympic Curling Trials, for TV broadcaster TSN in Winnipeg, Manitoba, on Sunday.
The Roar of the Rings is a week-long event. Burgundy will call live game action with curling broadcaster Vic Rauter, according to TSN.
“Marked by the gods of broadcasting and placed into this shimmering green sphere like a golden egg in hay, chosen like an unclean jackal by Noah himself, I accept your hallowed task and sing out with a battle cry worthy of your love and your wisdom,” said Burgundy, according to a TSN press release. “And that song is, ‘Winnipeg, get ready to paint the town Burgundy!’”
Burgundy returns to the big screen in “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues,” opening Dec. 20.
“It’s an honor to work with such an esteemed colleague,” Rauter said. “I’m a huge fan of his work. Who are we talking about again?”
The press release included this bio of the anchorman:
Ron Burgundy is an award-winning News Anchorman and poet. He lives with his wife, Veronica, and dog, Baxter, in San Diego, California. When he is not making models of eighteenth-century sailing ships, he can often be found on the deck of his own boat, The Shining M’Lady, or supervising archeological digs in and around his backyard.
Here’s TSN’s ad teasing Burgundy’s role:
- Yuna Kim to skate in ‘retirement event’ 0
- More U.S. Paralympians crash in Alpine skiing 0
- U.S., Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce star to end World Indoor Championships 0
- U.S. speed skaters excel at first post-Olympic World Cup 0
- U.S. wins 2 medals on Day 2 of Paralympics, gold still elusive 0
- Ashton Eaton ‘disappointed’ after missing world record in heptathlon; World Indoors recap 0
- U.S. wins 3 medals on first day of Sochi Paralympics 0