Nov 16, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
The University of Minnesota has one spectacular national anthem tradition at its swim meets.
A trumpet player performs “The Star-Spangled Banner” from atop the 10-meter diving platform. At the end, he takes the plunge as an American flag unfurls behind him.
The tradition continued at USA Swimming’s Minneapolis Grand Prix on Saturday night.
Check out the video passed along by Swimming World.
- World Swimming Championships women’s preview 0
- World Swimming Championships men’s preview 2
- Beijing to host 2022 Winter Olympics; first city to hold Summer and Winter Games 4
- USOC collecting data on polluted Rio Olympic water venues 0
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)