Nov 16, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
The University of Minnesota has one spectacular national anthem tradition at its swim meets.
A trumpet player performs “The Star-Spangled Banner” from atop the 10-meter diving platform. At the end, he takes the plunge as an American flag unfurls behind him.
The tradition continued at USA Swimming’s Minneapolis Grand Prix on Saturday night.
Check out the video passed along by Swimming World.
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 0
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva wins World Championship; U.S. just misses medals 0
- How to watch Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman’s comeback gymnastics meet 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu tops World Championships short program; Jason Brown leads Americans 0
- U.S. women struggle, trail Russian brilliance after World Championships short program 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)