Nov 16, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
The University of Minnesota has one spectacular national anthem tradition at its swim meets.
A trumpet player performs “The Star-Spangled Banner” from atop the 10-meter diving platform. At the end, he takes the plunge as an American flag unfurls behind him.
The tradition continued at USA Swimming’s Minneapolis Grand Prix on Saturday night.
Check out the video passed along by Swimming World.
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)