Nov 16, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
The University of Minnesota has one spectacular national anthem tradition at its swim meets.
A trumpet player performs “The Star-Spangled Banner” from atop the 10-meter diving platform. At the end, he takes the plunge as an American flag unfurls behind him.
The tradition continued at USA Swimming’s Minneapolis Grand Prix on Saturday night.
Check out the video passed along by Swimming World.
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Brazil eyes 27 to 30 medals at Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt not happy with Tyson Gay’s reduced ban 1
- Gabby Douglas helps girl’s dream come true with Make-A-Wish 0
- Guide to the Commonwealth Games 0
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics chief quits 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)