Nov 13, 2013, 9:39 AM EDT
Missy Franklin‘s newest honor is being named on a list with Justin Bieber and Kendall and Kylie Jenner.
TIME magazine tapped the 18-year-old swim superstar as one of its 16 most influential teens for 2013.
It’s the latest in a line of recent accomplishments for Franklin, who won four gold medals and one bronze at the 2012 Olympics.
In the last three months, Franklin became the first woman to win six gold medals at a single World Championships and was named the Women’s Sports Foundation Sportswoman of the Year.
She also enrolled at the University of California, began her collegiate swimming career and fit in an appearance at the U.S. Open’s Arthur Ashe Kids’ Day in between.
More honors are on the way. Franklin is up for a few more awards at the Golden Goggles, which are Nov. 24 in Los Angeles.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:38 PM EDT
Canadian from memorable 2002 Olympic pairs competition to coach NHL players.
Sep 17, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Olympic halfpipe champion is focused on two competitions this season.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:54 AM EDT
Curling is the first Winter Olympic sport to have a sculpture in the Olympic Museum park.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
World record holder, now 40, could enter two more major marathons.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
Two-time Olympic champion runs five or six times per week.
Sep 17, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Two-time Olympic halfpipe champion “more poised” for slopestyle success in 2018.
Sep 17, 2014, 8:41 AM EDT
Jones posted she had “flashbacks of the three Olympics and that people constantly tease me about.”
Sep 16, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
More than 7.5 million tickets will be available for the Games.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
German star suffered torn ACL.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Shuko Uchimura hadn’t competed in some 30 years, according to Japanese report.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
Olympic 200m free champion going back to France.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:11 AM EDT
“The city is the Olympic park,” official tells Boston Globe.
Sep 15, 2014, 4:43 PM EDT
Osmond won Olympic silver in the Sochi team event.
Sep 15, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
IPC president Sir Philip Craven looks ahead to an anniversary and a new frontier for the Paralympics.
Sep 15, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
The greatest Olympians of this generation discuss thoughts on one another.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
U.S. bounced in Poland with five-set loss to Argentina.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:16 AM EDT
The second-biggest winner from the FIBA World Cup may be a nation that didn’t compete in Spain.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:05 AM EDT
Olympic bronze medalist figure skater dated Olympic race-walking champion when he tested positive.
Sep 13, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Nike had suspended its contract with the runner six days after he shot and killed his girlfriend.
Sep 12, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Simpson, racing the Fifth Avenue Mile on Saturday, is one tenth away from breaking a 31-year-old mark.
- Shaun White ‘more motivated’ to compete than before Sochi 0
- Lolo Jones eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ 5
- Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps hope to meet for first time before Olympic farewell 0
- What U.S.’ FIBA World Cup title means for Olympics 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ Nike contract terminated 6
- Oscar Pistorius would be allowed in Paralympics after serving sentence 1
- Oscar Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide (verdict video) 3
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)