Nov 13, 2013, 8:06 AM EDT
Leslie Barrett pulled off one very impressive Halloween costume.
Barrett dressed as the “not impressed” McKayla Maroney two weeks ago.
Many have impersonated the Olympic champion gymnast before, but Barrett’s story behind her impression is worth the read.
Barrett’s in-costume photo was posted on Maroney’s Facebook page with this note:
“Two months ago I was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy, which means the right side of my face is temporarily paralyzed and I can only express emotion on my left. Last week at a party someone pointed out that I normally look like your “not impressed” face. I decided to incorporate my disability into my Halloween costume and dress up as you. This has hands down been the best costume I’ve ever had. It was the first time in months I got to look like I was intentionally making a face and it has helped me deal with the slow recovery a little better.”
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)