Nov 13, 2013, 8:06 AM EDT
Leslie Barrett pulled off one very impressive Halloween costume.
Barrett dressed as the “not impressed” McKayla Maroney two weeks ago.
Many have impersonated the Olympic champion gymnast before, but Barrett’s story behind her impression is worth the read.
Barrett’s in-costume photo was posted on Maroney’s Facebook page with this note:
“Two months ago I was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy, which means the right side of my face is temporarily paralyzed and I can only express emotion on my left. Last week at a party someone pointed out that I normally look like your “not impressed” face. I decided to incorporate my disability into my Halloween costume and dress up as you. This has hands down been the best costume I’ve ever had. It was the first time in months I got to look like I was intentionally making a face and it has helped me deal with the slow recovery a little better.”
- U.S. swimming rankings going into National Championships 0
- German long jump champion, a Paralympian, left off European Championships roster 2
- Eddy Alvarez heats up in Arizona League 0
- U.S. 400m runner Torrin Lawrence dies in car accident 0
- Brazil’s Olympic coach wants Neymar to play at Rio 2016 0
- U.S. teams sweep World Series of Beach Volleyball (video) 0
- UPDATE: Noelle Pikus-Pace’s brother and his children found in Idaho 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)