Nov 5, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Slovakia’s men’s hockey team is taking national pride to another level at the Sochi Olympics.
Its jerseys, released Tuesday, include not only the national colors, but also the words of the nation’s anthem.
Lyrics from “Nad Tatrou sa blýska” (“Lightning over the Tatras”) adorn the sweaters in small white lettering on top of a navy blue background. The Tatras are a mountain range.
Here’s a video of two men modeling the jerseys and reading (singing?) the lyrics.
Here’s a close-up look at the Nike jerseys, from Slovakia Hockey’s press release:
- Ato Boldon’s track and field season awards 0
- Analyzing the U.S. gymnastics women’s World Championships team 0
- Shaun White ‘more motivated’ to compete than before Sochi 0
- Lolo Jones eliminated from ‘Dancing with the Stars’ 5
- Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps hope to meet for first time before Olympic farewell 0
- What U.S.’ FIBA World Cup title means for Olympics 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ Nike contract terminated 6
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)