Nov 5, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Slovakia’s men’s hockey team is taking national pride to another level at the Sochi Olympics.
Its jerseys, released Tuesday, include not only the national colors, but also the words of the nation’s anthem.
Lyrics from “Nad Tatrou sa blýska” (“Lightning over the Tatras”) adorn the sweaters in small white lettering on top of a navy blue background. The Tatras are a mountain range.
Here’s a video of two men modeling the jerseys and reading (singing?) the lyrics.
Here’s a close-up look at the Nike jerseys, from Slovakia Hockey’s press release:
- USOC, Los Angeles agree to 2024 Olympic bid, reports say 0
- U.S. finishes World Championships with fewest medals since 2003 3
- Usain Bolt anchors Jamaica to 4x100m relay gold after U.S. mishap 5
- Ashton Eaton breaks decathlon world record, wins World Championship 2
- Aries Merritt wins bronze before kidney transplant; incredible Worlds performances 0
- Usain Bolt may retire after Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt crushes Justin Gatlin in World Championships 200m 5
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (62)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)