Nov 5, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Slovakia’s men’s hockey team is taking national pride to another level at the Sochi Olympics.
Its jerseys, released Tuesday, include not only the national colors, but also the words of the nation’s anthem.
Lyrics from “Nad Tatrou sa blýska” (“Lightning over the Tatras”) adorn the sweaters in small white lettering on top of a navy blue background. The Tatras are a mountain range.
Here’s a video of two men modeling the jerseys and reading (singing?) the lyrics.
Here’s a close-up look at the Nike jerseys, from Slovakia Hockey’s press release:
- Evan Lysacek: ‘My career is coming to an end’ 0
- Usain Bolt takes on all questions in India 0
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)