Nov 5, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Slovakia’s men’s hockey team is taking national pride to another level at the Sochi Olympics.
Its jerseys, released Tuesday, include not only the national colors, but also the words of the nation’s anthem.
Lyrics from “Nad Tatrou sa blýska” (“Lightning over the Tatras”) adorn the sweaters in small white lettering on top of a navy blue background. The Tatras are a mountain range.
Here’s a video of two men modeling the jerseys and reading (singing?) the lyrics.
Here’s a close-up look at the Nike jerseys, from Slovakia Hockey’s press release:
- U.S. 400m runner Torrin Lawrence dies in car accident 0
- Brazil’s Olympic coach wants Neymar to play at Rio 2016 0
- U.S. teams sweep World Series of Beach Volleyball (video) 0
- UPDATE: Noelle Pikus-Pace’s brother and his children found in Idaho 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross make WSOBV final 0
- Usain Bolt arrives in Glasgow, says he’s injury free 0
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)