Nov 5, 2013, 1:24 PM EST
Slovakia’s men’s hockey team is taking national pride to another level at the Sochi Olympics.
Its jerseys, released Tuesday, include not only the national colors, but also the words of the nation’s anthem.
Lyrics from “Nad Tatrou sa blýska” (“Lightning over the Tatras”) adorn the sweaters in small white lettering on top of a navy blue background. The Tatras are a mountain range.
Here’s a video of two men modeling the jerseys and reading (singing?) the lyrics.
Here’s a close-up look at the Nike jerseys, from Slovakia Hockey’s press release:
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 5
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Rome to bid for 2024 Olympics, possible events in Vatican City 0
- Yuzuru Hanyu repeats as Grand Prix Final champion (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner denies Russian sweep at Grand Prix Final (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)