Nov 4, 2013, 8:43 AM EDT
Olympic figure skating champion Tara Lipinski will be on a panel of judges at the Miss Universe competition in Moscow.
The 62nd Miss Universe will be televised at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday on NBC from Moscow.
Lipinski joins a group of celebrity and expert judges that includes Aerosmith lead singer Steven Tyler. Olympic medalists Kerri Walsh Jennings, Evan Lysacek and Michelle Kwan have been judges in the past.
Two weeks ago, it was announced that Lipinski would join NBC Olympics’ coverage of the Sochi Winter Games alongside other notable figure skaters. She won Olympic gold in 1998 at age 15, the youngest figure skating champion in Olympic history.
- Oscar Pistorius sentenced to maximum 5 years in prison 0
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Noelle Pikus-Pace: I already miss skeleton, but happily retired 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)