Nov 4, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Michael Phelps extended his sponsorship deal with Subway and will join soccer legend Pele for a commercial, according to Sports Business Journal.
The commercial would pair the most decorated Olympic champion of all time — 22 medals for Phelps — with the man many believe is the greatest soccer player of all time.
Pele also won three World Cups with Brazil in 1958, 1962 and 1970.
Phelps and Pele in one commercial rivals a recent Gillette ad that featured Tiger Woods, Roger Federer and Thierry Henry.
- Usain Bolt not happy with Tyson Gay’s reduced ban 1
- Gabby Douglas helps girl’s dream come true with Make-A-Wish 0
- Guide to the Commonwealth Games 0
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics chief quits 0
- Tori Bowie, Justin Gatlin star at Monaco Diamond League meet 0
- Mariel Zagunis wins silver at World Fencing Championships (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)