Nov 4, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Michael Phelps extended his sponsorship deal with Subway and will join soccer legend Pele for a commercial, according to Sports Business Journal.
The commercial would pair the most decorated Olympic champion of all time — 22 medals for Phelps — with the man many believe is the greatest soccer player of all time.
Pele also won three World Cups with Brazil in 1958, 1962 and 1970.
Phelps and Pele in one commercial rivals a recent Gillette ad that featured Tiger Woods, Roger Federer and Thierry Henry.
- Olympians enjoy April Fools’ Day on social media 0
- Kayla Harrison, back from collapse, rivaled by Brazilian for repeat gold in Rio 0
- Rio 2016 Olympics day-by-day events to watch 0
- A recent history of U.S. Olympic gymnastics comebacks 1
- Meryl Davis, Charlie White won’t compete next season 1
- Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman competitive with U.S. teammates in comeback 0
- Javier Fernandez wins upset World Championship; top American fourth 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)