Nov 4, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Michael Phelps extended his sponsorship deal with Subway and will join soccer legend Pele for a commercial, according to Sports Business Journal.
The commercial would pair the most decorated Olympic champion of all time — 22 medals for Phelps — with the man many believe is the greatest soccer player of all time.
Pele also won three World Cups with Brazil in 1958, 1962 and 1970.
Phelps and Pele in one commercial rivals a recent Gillette ad that featured Tiger Woods, Roger Federer and Thierry Henry.
- Haley Anderson wins Pan Pacs open-water 10K by .01 after jellyfish sting, move to Maui 0
- Gwen Jorgensen wins World Championship in triathlon 0
- How the FIBA World Cup impacts the Olympics 0
- Gwen Jorgensen’s glory awaits in Edmonton 0
- Tyson Gay last place in Zurich; Jenny Simpson leads U.S. winners (video) 0
- Youth Olympics wrap with Closing Ceremony, Lionel Messi cameo (photos) 0
- U.S. finishes Youth Olympics with 22 medals, 10 golds 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (57)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)