Nov 4, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Michael Phelps extended his sponsorship deal with Subway and will join soccer legend Pele for a commercial, according to Sports Business Journal.
The commercial would pair the most decorated Olympic champion of all time — 22 medals for Phelps — with the man many believe is the greatest soccer player of all time.
Pele also won three World Cups with Brazil in 1958, 1962 and 1970.
Phelps and Pele in one commercial rivals a recent Gillette ad that featured Tiger Woods, Roger Federer and Thierry Henry.
- U.S. wins 3 medals on first day of Sochi Paralympics 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin captures slalom title, inspired by girl with leukemia 0
- Ted Ligety wins first post-Olympic race, notches World Cup first (video) 0
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 3
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0