Nov 3, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
Usain Bolt spent much more time eating McDonald’s at the Beijing Olympics than he did winning gold medals.
The six-time Olympic champion sprinter believed he ate 1,000 chicken McNuggets over 10 days at the Olympics in 2008, according to the latest review of his book, this one by the New York Post.
“At first I ate a box of 20 for lunch, then another for dinner,” he wrote in “Faster Than Lightning,” according to the newspaper. “The next day I had two boxes for breakfast, one for lunch and then another couple in the evening. I even grabbed some fries and an apple pie to go with it.
“Man, I should have gotten a gold medal for all that chowing down.”
If Bolt ate 1,000 chicken McNuggets, he would have ingested about 47,000 calories.
- Missy Franklin on her dream relay, unusual autographs, ‘the worm’ 0
- Tanith Belbin, Charlie White get married 2
- Bruce Jenner: I’m a woman; Olympians react 5
- Michael Phelps to move to Arizona with coach Bob Bowman 0
- Simone Biles discusses Martha Karolyi’s team selfie, U.S. teammates, more 0
- Usain Bolt: Tyson Gay’s reduced ban ‘the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard’ 0
- Doug E. Doug reflects on ‘Cool Runnings’ 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)