Nov 3, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
Usain Bolt spent much more time eating McDonald’s at the Beijing Olympics than he did winning gold medals.
The six-time Olympic champion sprinter believed he ate 1,000 chicken McNuggets over 10 days at the Olympics in 2008, according to the latest review of his book, this one by the New York Post.
“At first I ate a box of 20 for lunch, then another for dinner,” he wrote in “Faster Than Lightning,” according to the newspaper. “The next day I had two boxes for breakfast, one for lunch and then another couple in the evening. I even grabbed some fries and an apple pie to go with it.
“Man, I should have gotten a gold medal for all that chowing down.”
If Bolt ate 1,000 chicken McNuggets, he would have ingested about 47,000 calories.
- Aries Merritt wins bronze before kidney transplant; incredible Worlds performances 0
- Usain Bolt may retire after Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt crushes Justin Gatlin in World Championships 200m 3
- Allyson Felix wins 400m, breaks U.S. record for Worlds medals; Rio preview? 1
- Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin’s first race together from 2005 (video) 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid logo, renderings released 0
- Usain Bolt, Justin Gatlin set up duel; South African stretchered off after 400m gold 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)