Nov 3, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
Usain Bolt spent much more time eating McDonald’s at the Beijing Olympics than he did winning gold medals.
The six-time Olympic champion sprinter believed he ate 1,000 chicken McNuggets over 10 days at the Olympics in 2008, according to the latest review of his book, this one by the New York Post.
“At first I ate a box of 20 for lunch, then another for dinner,” he wrote in “Faster Than Lightning,” according to the newspaper. “The next day I had two boxes for breakfast, one for lunch and then another couple in the evening. I even grabbed some fries and an apple pie to go with it.
“Man, I should have gotten a gold medal for all that chowing down.”
If Bolt ate 1,000 chicken McNuggets, he would have ingested about 47,000 calories.
- Alpine Skiing World Cup Finals preview 0
- President Obama sends beer to Canadian prime minister to settle Olympic bet 2
- Boston Marathon announces increased security 0
- Oscar Pistorius vomits, cries during autopsy testimony 1
- Yuna Kim to skate in ‘retirement event’ 0
- More U.S. Paralympians crash in Alpine skiing 0
- U.S., Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce star to end World Indoor Championships 0