Nov 3, 2013, 11:53 AM EDT
Usain Bolt spent much more time eating McDonald’s at the Beijing Olympics than he did winning gold medals.
The six-time Olympic champion sprinter believed he ate 1,000 chicken McNuggets over 10 days at the Olympics in 2008, according to the latest review of his book, this one by the New York Post.
“At first I ate a box of 20 for lunch, then another for dinner,” he wrote in “Faster Than Lightning,” according to the newspaper. “The next day I had two boxes for breakfast, one for lunch and then another couple in the evening. I even grabbed some fries and an apple pie to go with it.
“Man, I should have gotten a gold medal for all that chowing down.”
If Bolt ate 1,000 chicken McNuggets, he would have ingested about 47,000 calories.
- Michael Phelps, Missy Franklin 4th in 100 free, win Pan Pacs relay golds 0
- Simone Biles dominates to open P&G Championships 0
- Amy Van Dyken-Rouen stands, walks with assistance for first time since accident (video) 3
- Sam Mikulak leads one of most decorated P&G Championships fields ever 0
- Katie Ledecky wins 2 Pan Pacs titles; Missy Franklin places 3rd 1
- Simone Biles a tall favorite at P&G Championships; women’s preview 0
- Jennie Finch, Lisa Fernandez weigh in on Mo’ne Davis 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)