Oct 29, 2013, 9:35 AM EST
The people have spoken, choosing the uniform, sled and helmet design for USA Luge athletes at the Sochi Olympics.
Online voters chose the “Racer” design out of four patriotic options.
It received the most votes out of 15,000 total over a three-week period on USALuge.org.
Here’s how USA Luge describes the design:
The winning “Racer” design features a sleek black silhouette, American flag features and silver accents. By placing the stars and stripes on the right shoulder and side body to allow for the athlete’s bib in competition, fans will catch the best view of the athletes’ patriotic suit and matching helmet as they are sliding down the ice.
The Olympic luge competition at the Sanki Sliding Center begins Feb. 8, the night after the Opening Ceremony, with men’s singles.
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 0
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 2
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 1
- Oscar Pistorius tried to revive girlfriend after shooting, witness recounts (video) 2