Oct 29, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
The people have spoken, choosing the uniform, sled and helmet design for USA Luge athletes at the Sochi Olympics.
Online voters chose the “Racer” design out of four patriotic options.
It received the most votes out of 15,000 total over a three-week period on USALuge.org.
Here’s how USA Luge describes the design:
The winning “Racer” design features a sleek black silhouette, American flag features and silver accents. By placing the stars and stripes on the right shoulder and side body to allow for the athlete’s bib in competition, fans will catch the best view of the athletes’ patriotic suit and matching helmet as they are sliding down the ice.
The Olympic luge competition at the Sanki Sliding Center begins Feb. 8, the night after the Opening Ceremony, with men’s singles.
- Michael Phelps ready to start ‘journey’ in comeback meet 0
- Another Michael set to make splash at Mesa Grand Prix 0
- Michael Phelps’ comeback at Mesa Grand Prix competition, broadcast schedules 0
- Ryan Hall, other U.S. runners wouldn’t help East Africans catch Meb Keflezighi 0
- Emotions flow for runners, spectators at Boston Marathon 0
- Meb Keflezighi stuns to win Boston Marathon (video) 4
- Rita Jeptoo repeats as Boston Marathon winner in course record 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)