Oct 25, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Olympic Nordic combined champion Bill Demong was forced to celebrate Halloween a little early this year.
The four-time Olympian lost a bet to teammate Taylor Fletcher and recently had to wear a costume around Europe as the team trained. Last year, Fletcher lost the bet and had to dress as Captain America for 14 days without washing the suit.
The bets were who could finish a respective season with faster times in cross-country skiing. Nordic combined, of course, combines ski jumping and cross-country skiing.
This year, the skiers let fans vote on Demong’s costume from among Aquaman, an astronaut and a cowboy. Aquaman won by a landslide, to the dismay of Demong’s wife and mother.
Another teammate, Brett Denney, posted this video of Demong’s adventures as Aquaman in Europe, wearing the suit while skiing, ski jumping, eating and traveling through airports.
- Boston Marathon announces increased security 0
- Oscar Pistorius vomits, cries during autopsy testimony 1
- Yuna Kim to skate in ‘retirement event’ 0
- More U.S. Paralympians crash in Alpine skiing 0
- U.S., Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce star to end World Indoor Championships 0
- U.S. speed skaters excel at first post-Olympic World Cup 0
- U.S. wins 2 medals on Day 2 of Paralympics, gold still elusive 0