Oct 25, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Olympic Nordic combined champion Bill Demong was forced to celebrate Halloween a little early this year.
The four-time Olympian lost a bet to teammate Taylor Fletcher and recently had to wear a costume around Europe as the team trained. Last year, Fletcher lost the bet and had to dress as Captain America for 14 days without washing the suit.
The bets were who could finish a respective season with faster times in cross-country skiing. Nordic combined, of course, combines ski jumping and cross-country skiing.
This year, the skiers let fans vote on Demong’s costume from among Aquaman, an astronaut and a cowboy. Aquaman won by a landslide, to the dismay of Demong’s wife and mother.
Another teammate, Brett Denney, posted this video of Demong’s adventures as Aquaman in Europe, wearing the suit while skiing, ski jumping, eating and traveling through airports.
- Vitaly Scherbo weighs in on Kohei Uchimura 0
- Meb Keflezighi eighth after stopping, throwing up, crying at Boston Marathon 1
- Usain Bolt runs his slowest 100m final ever; Brazil TV simulates Bolt’s dream 100m race 2
- Katie Ledecky eyes daunting double at World Championships 0
- Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte split duels in Mesa 0
- Boston Marathon preview: Can Meb Keflezighi repeat? 0
- Michael Phelps jokingly challenges Katie Ledecky to race 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)