Oct 23, 2013, 2:33 PM EST
Kieffer Christianson may want to keep his ski racing helmet on at all times for the next few weeks.
Christianson, a rookie on the Alpine skiing World Cup circuit, became the latest American subjected to the traditional rookie haircut (photos below).
Christianson is among six U.S. men scheduled to race in the season-opening World Cup giant slalom in Soelden, Austria, on Sunday.
Earlier Wednesday, Lindsey Vonn announced she will not race in Soelden, pushing her return from major knee surgery to late November in Beaver Creek, Colo.
Last season, Ted Ligety helped film the rookie haircut for Nick Daniels.
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)