Oct 22, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
It’s now video official. Shaun White has been training on a special halfpipe in Australia built for him by GoPro.
White, the two-time Olympic champion, spent last week in Perisher on a layout that includes not only a halfpipe but also a course for slopestyle tricks. White plans on entering both halfpipe and the new snowboarding event of slopestyle at the Sochi Olympics in February.
News.com.au, which broke the White-to-Australia story, posted GoPro’s video of White on the halfpipe Tuesday. The halfpipe is 300-feet long, according to USA Today, much shorter than the Olympic size of 525 feet.
“It was great for me, a nice change of pace,” White told the website.
- Guide to the Commonwealth Games 0
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics chief quits 0
- Tori Bowie, Justin Gatlin star at Monaco Diamond League meet 0
- Mariel Zagunis wins silver at World Fencing Championships (video) 0
- Monaco Diamond League on world record watch; preview 0
- Gabby Douglas leaves coach Liang Chow, again 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)