Oct 22, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
It’s now video official. Shaun White has been training on a special halfpipe in Australia built for him by GoPro.
White, the two-time Olympic champion, spent last week in Perisher on a layout that includes not only a halfpipe but also a course for slopestyle tricks. White plans on entering both halfpipe and the new snowboarding event of slopestyle at the Sochi Olympics in February.
News.com.au, which broke the White-to-Australia story, posted GoPro’s video of White on the halfpipe Tuesday. The halfpipe is 300-feet long, according to USA Today, much shorter than the Olympic size of 525 feet.
“It was great for me, a nice change of pace,” White told the website.
- Usain Bolt may retire after Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt crushes Justin Gatlin in World Championships 200m 1
- Allyson Felix wins 400m, breaks U.S. record for Worlds medals; Rio preview? 0
- Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin’s first race together from 2005 (video) 0
- Los Angeles 2024 Olympic bid logo, renderings released 0
- Usain Bolt, Justin Gatlin set up duel; South African stretchered off after 400m gold 0
- U.S. goes medal-less at World Championships; Bolt, Gatlin, Felix advance 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)