Oct 22, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
It’s now video official. Shaun White has been training on a special halfpipe in Australia built for him by GoPro.
White, the two-time Olympic champion, spent last week in Perisher on a layout that includes not only a halfpipe but also a course for slopestyle tricks. White plans on entering both halfpipe and the new snowboarding event of slopestyle at the Sochi Olympics in February.
News.com.au, which broke the White-to-Australia story, posted GoPro’s video of White on the halfpipe Tuesday. The halfpipe is 300-feet long, according to USA Today, much shorter than the Olympic size of 525 feet.
“It was great for me, a nice change of pace,” White told the website.
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship 0
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Rio Olympics could have multiple cauldrons 0
- Mike Powell eyes masters world record, possible Olympic trials run at age 51 0
- Behind the scenes of Miracle on Ice reunion 0
- Nastia Liukin adds to history of Olympians on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)