Oct 22, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
It’s now video official. Shaun White has been training on a special halfpipe in Australia built for him by GoPro.
White, the two-time Olympic champion, spent last week in Perisher on a layout that includes not only a halfpipe but also a course for slopestyle tricks. White plans on entering both halfpipe and the new snowboarding event of slopestyle at the Sochi Olympics in February.
News.com.au, which broke the White-to-Australia story, posted GoPro’s video of White on the halfpipe Tuesday. The halfpipe is 300-feet long, according to USA Today, much shorter than the Olympic size of 525 feet.
“It was great for me, a nice change of pace,” White told the website.
- Misty May-Treanor competes for first time in 3 years, not a comeback 0
- Katinka Hosszu, Sarah Sjostrom break records; Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte make finals at World Championships 0
- Katie Ledecky breaks 1500m freestyle world record again 1
- Katie Ledecky, Sun Yang open quests for history with golds at World Championships 0
- Gwen Jorgensen, Sarah True make 2016 U.S. Olympic triathlon team 0
- USOC to talk with other three finalists to replace Boston 2024 Olympic bid 1
- World Swimming Championships women’s preview 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)