Oct 14, 2013, 3:38 PM EST
Olympic and world champion Jordan Burroughs got married Saturday in a wrestling-themed ceremony.
His wife, Lauren Mariacher, donned a pair of wrestling shoes at the Buffalo, N.Y., event, less than a month removed from Burroughs winning a world title still healing a broken ankle.
The cake, too, had a wrestling theme.
- Tori Bowie ‘going after medals’ after breakthrough season 0
- Yohan Blake details ‘dreams’ for 2015 0
- South Korean Olympic swim champ Park Tae-hwan fails drug test 1
- Jason Brown wins first U.S. figure skating title 2
- Lindsey Vonn wins final race before World Championships (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner shatters records for third U.S. figure skating title 3
- Chloe Kim wins Winter X Games halfpipe at age 14 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)