Oct 14, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
Olympic and world champion Jordan Burroughs got married Saturday in a wrestling-themed ceremony.
His wife, Lauren Mariacher, donned a pair of wrestling shoes at the Buffalo, N.Y., event, less than a month removed from Burroughs winning a world title still healing a broken ankle.
The cake, too, had a wrestling theme.
- U.S. women struggle, trail Russian brilliance after World Championships short program 2
- Canadians win World pairs title; best U.S. finish since 2011 0
- Usain Bolt to race individually in U.S. for first time since 2008 0
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir preview World Championships men’s, pairs events 0
- Boston 2024 calls for statewide referendum for Olympic bid 1
- U.S. would top 2016 Olympic medal standings in virtual projection 0
- Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir preview World Championships women’s, ice dance events 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)