Oct 14, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
Olympic and world champion Jordan Burroughs got married Saturday in a wrestling-themed ceremony.
His wife, Lauren Mariacher, donned a pair of wrestling shoes at the Buffalo, N.Y., event, less than a month removed from Burroughs winning a world title still healing a broken ankle.
The cake, too, had a wrestling theme.
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Brazil eyes 27 to 30 medals at Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt not happy with Tyson Gay’s reduced ban 1
- Gabby Douglas helps girl’s dream come true with Make-A-Wish 0
- Guide to the Commonwealth Games 0
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics chief quits 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)