Oct 10, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
The Sochi Olympic torch relay will include a dolphin three days before the opening ceremony, according to R-Sport.
Either Mona, Lada or Basya will be the lucky maritime mammal chosen from Sochi’s Sea Star dolphinarium.
The dolphin will not actually touch the torch or be that close to the flame, according to the report.
“An animal trainer is to hold a dolphin’s fin in one hand and the torch in the other before the pair swims across a small pool,” R-Sport reported.
Add this to the other unprecedented feats in the Sochi Olympic torch relay, which began Monday in Moscow.
- Lindsey Vonn OK after fall in Val d’Isere super-G (video) 0
- Lindsey Vonn wins cow in Val d’Isere, one victory from record 0
- Michael Phelps gets probation after guilty plea in DUI case 6
- Stephen Colbert and the Olympics 0
- U.S. will bid for 2024 Olympics, no city chosen yet 6
- Adrian Peterson won’t try for Olympics, but other RBs might 2
- Rio Olympic track and field schedule released 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)