Oct 10, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Ryan Lochte seems to be enjoying everything about his new training site, except the weather.
NBC Charlotte spent some time with Lochte, who recently moved from Gainesville, Fla., to North Carolina to begin training for the Rio 2016 Olympics with SwimMAC, under coach David Marsh and with friend Cullen Jones.
The Charlotte Observer reported Lochte will train in Charlotte through the 2016 Olympics, but Lochte tweeted Wednesday night that he’s “hanging in Charlotte for a few months.”
“People are recognizing me like, ‘Wait, you’re Ryan Lochte,’” Lochte told NBC Charlotte.
Lochte said he’s pushing Jones, the four-time Olympic medalist, and that Jones might tell him to go back to Florida.
“We’re going to help each other out,” Lochte said.
“I’m 29, I’m single, and I want to do something different with my life.”
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 0
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 2
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 1
- Oscar Pistorius tried to revive girlfriend after shooting, witness recounts (video) 2