Oct 10, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Ryan Lochte seems to be enjoying everything about his new training site, except the weather.
NBC Charlotte spent some time with Lochte, who recently moved from Gainesville, Fla., to North Carolina to begin training for the Rio 2016 Olympics with SwimMAC, under coach David Marsh and with friend Cullen Jones.
The Charlotte Observer reported Lochte will train in Charlotte through the 2016 Olympics, but Lochte tweeted Wednesday night that he’s “hanging in Charlotte for a few months.”
“People are recognizing me like, ‘Wait, you’re Ryan Lochte,’” Lochte told NBC Charlotte.
Lochte said he’s pushing Jones, the four-time Olympic medalist, and that Jones might tell him to go back to Florida.
“We’re going to help each other out,” Lochte said.
“I’m 29, I’m single, and I want to do something different with my life.”
- Boston Marathon to move forward with traditional spectacle of a finish 1
- Boston Marathon men’s preview 1
- Boston Marathon women’s preview 1
- Miracle on Ice hockey player selling his Olympic gold medal 1
- Evelyn Furtsch Ojeda is first female U.S. Olympic champion to reach 100 years old 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ prosthetic leg used in testimony 0
- Summer Sanders returns to run Boston Marathon again 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (37)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)