Oct 9, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
Four-time Olympic champion Allyson Felix said she will return to training from a torn right hamstring in about a month.
Felix, who suffered the injury during the 200m final at the World Championships on Aug. 16 (video here), spoke about her future and anti-doping in track and field with The Grio.
“Looking forward to new things, this new journey,” Felix said. “I would just love to win more gold medals, to walk away with a successful Games. … I’m open to doing different events.”
Felix mentioned the 4×100, 4×400, the 200 and “another event.” Before the World Championships, Felix said she would like to give the 400m another shot. She won silver in the one-lap race at the 2011 World Championships but has never contested it at the Olympics.
Felix was also asked about recent doping issues in her sport, including that of her decade-long rival, Veronica Campbell-Brown. Campbell-Brown, the most decorated Jamaican Olympic champion of all time, tested positive for a banned diuretic May 4, hasn’t competed since June and was given a warning but no suspension by a Jamaican panel last week.
“That’s the line that I just refuse to cross,” Felix said of navigating the world of performance-enhancing drugs. “For me, it’s not even a question. I don’t go the supplement route.”
- Prefontaine Classic preview, schedule, broadcast info 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings injures shoulder, forfeits match 0
- Katie Uhlaender, skeleton World champion, becomes track cyclist 0
- Missy Franklin returns to Colorado, coach Todd Schmitz 1
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 1
- David Letterman and the Olympics 0
- Caster Semenya: I can’t stop running because of gender controversy 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)