Oct 2, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
Usain Bolt‘s season doesn’t appear to be over.
The world’s fastest man will run a 100-meter exhibition on 9 de Julio Avenue in central Buenos Aires in December, according to Argentine newspaper La Nacion.
The event will take place either Dec. 7 or 13 with at least three other Jamaican runners, according to the report. Bolt’s agent did not immediately reply to an email seeking confirmation.
The 9 de Julio Avenue is billed as the widest in the world with at least seven lanes in each direction. A special track will be laid down on the street for the race, according to Reuters.
The street is not a stranger to sporting events. The 2009 Dakar Rally had its symbolic start there, the first time the competition was held outside Europe and Africa.
- Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charges 2
- Lauryn Williams ‘playing with the idea’ of bobsled this season 0
- Lindsey Vonn set for first skiing in 10 months, named 2016 Youth Olympics ambassador 0
- Talk of a sub-two-hour marathon 2
- Dennis Kimetto breaks world record at Berlin Marathon (video) 0
- IOC adds anti-discrimination clause to Olympic host city contract 0
- Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky lead Golden Goggles nominees 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)