Oct 2, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
There won’t be a shortage of mittens at the Sochi Olympics.
Canada, whose mittens were a smash hit at the 2010 Vancouver Games, unveiled its 2014 version three weeks ago. The U.S. joined the party this week, launching its set Monday. Sochi organizers followed suit with gloves and mittens Wednesday.
The color scheme would seem to go well with Germany’s Olympic uniforms.
So, which hand warmers are the best choice?
Sochi 2014 said its gloves will go for 500 rubles each, which equates to about $15.
- The jump for the ages: Mike Powell, Bob Beamon and a revered world record 0
- Apolo Ohno on Ironman: A milestone among my 8 Olympic medals 1
- Beijing Marathon run through smog (video, photos) 0
- Aksel Lund Svindal injured playing soccer, likely out most of season 0
- Justin Gatlin not among IAAF Athlete of the Year award finalists 0
- Noelle Pikus-Pace: I already miss skeleton, but happily retired 0
- Simone Biles still buzzing after World Championships whirlwind 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)