Oct 1, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
The U.S. Olympic Committee hopes the mitten craze of the 2010 Olympics carries over to Sochi.
The USOC will start selling navy blue mittens with the embroidered words “Go” in red and “USA” in white on its website on Oct. 29, 100 days before the opening ceremony.
They’re available for presale on TeamUSA.org now for $14 per pair. The money raised will support U.S. Olympians.
Canada’s red mittens were the must-have item at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Giant Olympic merchandise stores sold out of the most popular sizes, and extra orders were made. The Canadians are coming out with a new set of mittens for Sochi.
- Tiger Woods unsure if he will go to Sochi 0
- Japan’s Hanyu breaks high-score record, defending champ Asada leads at Grand Prix Final 0
- Lindsey Vonn’s knee feels ‘stable’ after downhill training run 0
- U.S. Snowboarding unveils ‘heirloom hippie’ Sochi Olympic uniforms (photos) 4
- Grand Prix Final offers glimpse at Olympic figure skating picture 0
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)