Oct 1, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
The U.S. Olympic Committee hopes the mitten craze of the 2010 Olympics carries over to Sochi.
The USOC will start selling navy blue mittens with the embroidered words “Go” in red and “USA” in white on its website on Oct. 29, 100 days before the opening ceremony.
They’re available for presale on TeamUSA.org now for $14 per pair. The money raised will support U.S. Olympians.
Canada’s red mittens were the must-have item at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Giant Olympic merchandise stores sold out of the most popular sizes, and extra orders were made. The Canadians are coming out with a new set of mittens for Sochi.
- Katie Ledecky faces decisions in 2015, 2016 0
- Michael Phelps back in the pool; Phelps, Ledecky win Golden Goggles 2
- Viktor Tikhonov, Soviet Union Olympic hockey coach, dies at 84 1
- Sun Yang failed drug test, served three-month ban 0
- Rio 2016 Olympic, Paralympic mascots unveiled (video) 0
- Maksim Kovtun rallies to win Trophee Bompard (video); Grand Prix Final picture 0
- Ashley Wagner in Grand Prix Final fight after finishing behind Russians at Trophee Bompard (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)