Oct 1, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
The U.S. Olympic Committee hopes the mitten craze of the 2010 Olympics carries over to Sochi.
The USOC will start selling navy blue mittens with the embroidered words “Go” in red and “USA” in white on its website on Oct. 29, 100 days before the opening ceremony.
They’re available for presale on TeamUSA.org now for $14 per pair. The money raised will support U.S. Olympians.
Canada’s red mittens were the must-have item at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Giant Olympic merchandise stores sold out of the most popular sizes, and extra orders were made. The Canadians are coming out with a new set of mittens for Sochi.
- Ashton Eaton ‘disappointed’ after missing world record in heptathlon; World Indoors recap 0
- U.S. wins 3 medals on first day of Sochi Paralympics 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin captures slalom title, inspired by girl with leukemia (video) 1
- Ted Ligety wins first post-Olympic race, notches World Cup first (video) 0
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 6
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0