Oct 1, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
The U.S. Olympic Committee hopes the mitten craze of the 2010 Olympics carries over to Sochi.
The USOC will start selling navy blue mittens with the embroidered words “Go” in red and “USA” in white on its website on Oct. 29, 100 days before the opening ceremony.
They’re available for presale on TeamUSA.org now for $14 per pair. The money raised will support U.S. Olympians.
Canada’s red mittens were the must-have item at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Giant Olympic merchandise stores sold out of the most popular sizes, and extra orders were made. The Canadians are coming out with a new set of mittens for Sochi.
- World Swimming Championships women’s preview 0
- World Swimming Championships men’s preview 2
- Beijing to host 2022 Winter Olympics; first city to hold Summer and Winter Games 4
- USOC collecting data on polluted Rio Olympic water venues 0
- World Swimming Championships broadcast schedule 0
- Almaty or Beijing? IOC set to choose 2022 Winter Olympic host 2
- Allyson Felix to run 400m at World Championships 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)