Oct 1, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
The U.S. Olympic Committee hopes the mitten craze of the 2010 Olympics carries over to Sochi.
The USOC will start selling navy blue mittens with the embroidered words “Go” in red and “USA” in white on its website on Oct. 29, 100 days before the opening ceremony.
They’re available for presale on TeamUSA.org now for $14 per pair. The money raised will support U.S. Olympians.
Canada’s red mittens were the must-have item at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Giant Olympic merchandise stores sold out of the most popular sizes, and extra orders were made. The Canadians are coming out with a new set of mittens for Sochi.
- Queen photobombs Commonwealth Games athlete selfie 0
- Brazil eyes 27 to 30 medals at Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt not happy with Tyson Gay’s reduced ban 1
- Gabby Douglas helps girl’s dream come true with Make-A-Wish 0
- Guide to the Commonwealth Games 0
- 90-plus-year-old men set 3 world relay records at USATF Masters 0
- Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics chief quits 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (56)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (38)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)