Sep 19, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
Kenyan Geoffrey Mutai and Ethiopian Firehiwot Dado will attempt to defend their 2011 New York City Marathon titles on Nov. 3.
The New York Road Runners Association announced 25 international professional entries (full list below) that includes Mutai, Dado and reigning Olympic and world champion Stephen Kiprotich of Uganda on Thursday.
The U.S. entries were previously announced, though two-time Olympian Kara Goucher withdrew with a foot injury.
The 2012 New York City Marathon was canceled due to Hurricane Sandy.
On the women’s side, Dado’s primary competition will be 2010 New York City Marathon champion Edna Kiplagat, a two-time world champion, and 2012 Olympic silver medalist Priscah Jeptoo, both of Kenya. London Olympic champion Tiki Gelana of Ethiopia was not on Thursday’s list.
Geoffrey Mutai (KEN)
Stanley Biwott (KEN)
Wesley Korir (KEN)
Peter Kirui (KEN)
Stephen Kiprotich (UGA)
José Manuel “Chema” Martinez (ESP)
Yuki Kawauchi (JPN)
Masato Imai (JPN)
Daniele Meucci (ITA)
Bob Tahri (FRA)
Edna Kiplagat (KEN)
Priscah Jeptoo (KEN)
Jelena Prokopcuka (LVA)
Firehiwot Dado (ETH)
Buzunesh Deba (ETH)
Tetyana Gamera-Shmyrko (UKR)
Risa Shigetomo (JPN)
Christelle Daunay (FRA)
Kim Smith (NZL)
Ana Dulce Felix (POR)
Lisa Stublic (CRO)
Sabrina Mockenhaupt (GER)
Adriana Da Silva (BRA)
Diane Nukuri-Johnson (BDI)
Yolanda Caballero (COL)
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 0
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 2
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 1
- Oscar Pistorius tried to revive girlfriend after shooting, witness recounts (video) 2