Sep 16, 2013, 9:47 AM EST
Usain Bolt‘s offseason has begun. He urges track and field fans to use the added free time to take up reading.
Bolt has been making the rounds in the press, the British press especially, as his autobiography, “Faster than Lightning,” was released earlier this month.
Of note, the Telegraph caught up with Bolt for a question and answer.
Bolt talked about renovating his home in Jamaica — but not buying a new one, because his current location allows him to hold large parties with loud music. Bolt said its “main room” is for video games — no surprise.
But the highlight came when Bolt talked about his dream house, the one he plans for his retirement, which could come at age 31.
My dream house will have everything – and I mean everything. I wanted a basketball court but I have been thinking maybe half a basketball court is better because my friends don’t want to run around so much. It will have an inside pool, an outside pool, and a football field with big lights so I can play football any time. I don’t think I will have a running track – surprisingly. But one thing I will definitely have is a quad bike track in my garden. I love my quad bike so much.
- Tori Bowie ‘going after medals’ after breakthrough season 0
- Yohan Blake details ‘dreams’ for 2015 0
- South Korean Olympic swim champ Park Tae-hwan fails drug test 1
- Jason Brown wins first U.S. figure skating title 2
- Lindsey Vonn wins final race before World Championships (video) 0
- Ashley Wagner shatters records for third U.S. figure skating title 3
- Chloe Kim wins Winter X Games halfpipe at age 14 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)