Sep 16, 2013, 9:47 AM EST
Usain Bolt‘s offseason has begun. He urges track and field fans to use the added free time to take up reading.
Bolt has been making the rounds in the press, the British press especially, as his autobiography, “Faster than Lightning,” was released earlier this month.
Of note, the Telegraph caught up with Bolt for a question and answer.
Bolt talked about renovating his home in Jamaica — but not buying a new one, because his current location allows him to hold large parties with loud music. Bolt said its “main room” is for video games — no surprise.
But the highlight came when Bolt talked about his dream house, the one he plans for his retirement, which could come at age 31.
My dream house will have everything – and I mean everything. I wanted a basketball court but I have been thinking maybe half a basketball court is better because my friends don’t want to run around so much. It will have an inside pool, an outside pool, and a football field with big lights so I can play football any time. I don’t think I will have a running track – surprisingly. But one thing I will definitely have is a quad bike track in my garden. I love my quad bike so much.
- Ashton Eaton ‘disappointed’ after missing world record in heptathlon; World Indoors recap 0
- U.S. wins 3 medals on first day of Sochi Paralympics 0
- Mikaela Shiffrin captures slalom title, inspired by girl with leukemia 0
- Ted Ligety wins first post-Olympic race, notches World Cup first (video) 0
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 3
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0