Sep 2, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Jamaica’s most decorated Olympic champion has made no public comments since the June 14 revelation she tested positive for a banned substance May 4.
Seven-time Olympic medalist Veronica Campbell-Brown was slated to face a closed-doors three-person Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association disciplinary panel beginning Monday, according to Jamaican reports.
Campbell-Brown reportedly tested positive for a banned diuretic and accepted a provisional suspension in June, missing the World Championships in August, where she would have attempted to defend her 200-meter world title. There was no word on when Campbell-Brown’s official suspension will be handed down, and just how long it will be.
“Veronica is not a cheat,” read part of a statement sent to media by Campbell-Brown’s agent in June.
Campbell-Brown’s hearing comes on the heels of a rough summer for Jamaica and anti-doping. It came to light July 14 that fellow Olympic sprint medalists Asafa Powell and Sherone Simpson also failed drug tests.
On Aug. 19, the former executive director of the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission told Sports Illustrated that her organization conducted one out-of-competition drug test in the five months leading into the 2012 Olympics.
Oct 31, 2014, 6:03 PM EDT
Ledecky, and other women, are entered in mixed-gender distance races in Delaware.
Oct 31, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
The top U.S. man on Friday finished 10th at the U.S. Championships in January.
Oct 31, 2014, 5:21 PM EDT
The Kenyan won four straight World Marathon Majors.
Oct 31, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
Bayern Munich soccer player won by a single point.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
Russian media reports vary on his health.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
Norway and Sweden both withdrew 2022 Olympic bids.
Oct 31, 2014, 8:33 AM EDT
But Neymar’s status for Rio 2016 is still very much in question.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Keflezighi faces tough odds to win Sunday, just as in Boston.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:23 PM EDT
The U.S. roster includes zero men who had the fastest time in the world this year in an Olympic event.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:37 AM EDT
Figure skating champion joins MLB outfielder, ballerina.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
Anderson is the two-time reigning USA Volleyball Player of the Year.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
The 2018 World Championships were already awarded.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Tennis player flew from Singapore to Denmark to New York this week.
Oct 29, 2014, 10:04 AM EDT
Rising black smoke caused brief panic, but the fire was quickly put out.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
Bruno Grandi was at the helm for a judging overhaul.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:35 AM EDT
One of the U.S.’ strongest skaters from last season is not on the team.
Oct 28, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Sundquist was a partially eaten gingerbread man, a leg lamp and a flamingo in recent years.
Oct 28, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
Either Berlin or Hamburg will be chosen in March.
Oct 28, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Those against Boston hosting an Olympics sent a letter to the USOC.
Oct 28, 2014, 9:03 AM EDT
Judge rules in lawsuit over environmental concerns.
- Boston, Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo fails drug test 0
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)