Sep 2, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
Be ready to adjust your sleep schedule to watch U.S. curling at the Sochi Olympics.
Organizers released the complete Olympic schedule Monday. The U.S. has qualified a women’s team but not (yet) a men’s team. The specific team(s) will be determined at the U.S. Olympic Trials from Nov. 10-17 in Fargo, N.D.
The men’s winner from trials will compete at the Olympic Qualification Event from Dec. 10-15 in Germany, where two of eight nations will grab the final two Olympic berths.
Here’s when and who the U.S. women will be playing in round robin action in Sochi:
Monday, Feb. 10 — U.S. vs. Switzerland, (2 p.m. Sochi/5 a.m. New York)
Tuesday, Feb. 11 — U.S. vs. Russia (9 a.m. Sochi/12 a.m. New York)
Tuesday, Feb. 11 — U.S. vs. Great Britain (2013 world champion) (7 p.m. Sochi/10 a.m. New York)
Wednesday, Feb. 12 — U.S. vs. TBD Qualifier (2 p.m. Sochi/5 a.m. New York)
Thursday, Feb. 13 — U.S. vs. TBD Qualifier (7 p.m. Sochi/10 a.m. New York)
Friday, Feb. 14 — U.S. vs. Denmark (2 p.m. Sochi/5 a.m. New York)
Saturday, Feb. 15 — U.S. vs. Sweden (2010 Olympic champion) (7 p.m. Sochi/10 a.m. New York)
Sunday, Feb. 16 — U.S. vs. Canada (2 p.m. Sochi/5 a.m. New York)
Monday, Feb. 17 — U.S. vs. South Korea (9 a.m. Sochi/12 a.m. New York)
The men’s and women’s semifinals and finals:
Wednesday, Feb. 19 — Women’s semifinals (2 p.m. Sochi/5 a.m. New York)
Wednesday, Feb. 19 — Men’s semifinals (7 p.m. Sochi/10 a.m. New York)
Thursday, Feb. 20 — Women’s bronze-medal game (12:30 p.m. Sochi/3:30 a.m. New York); gold-medal game (5:30 p.m. Sochi/8:30 a.m. New York)
Friday, Feb. 21 — Men’s bronze-medal game (12:30 p.m. Sochi/3:30 a.m. New York); gold-medal game (5:30 p.m. Sochi/8:30 a.m. New York)
The U.S. women were 10th out 10 teams at the 2010 Olympics after placing eighth in 2006, while the U.S. men won bronze in 2006. The 2013 U.S. champion women’s rink was skipped by Erika Brown, 40, who was on the 1988 U.S. curling team at the Calgary Olympics as a 15-year-old, when curling was a demonstration sport.
- Boston, Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo fails drug test 0
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)