Aug 31, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Maybe it’s time Don Ramos gives up weightlifting.
Ramos, 80, tested positive for a steroid and was suspended two years by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency on Friday.
The Colorado Springs, Colo., native failed a urine test at the Pan American Masters Weightlifting Championships (athletes 35 and over) in Chicago on June 14, when he attempted to set a world record.
Ramos can’t compete again until July 2015.
- Neymar will be on Brazil’s Olympic soccer team, coach says 0
- Meb Keflezighi in familiar spot as New York City Marathon underdog 0
- Matt Anderson taking break from volleyball due to depression 0
- Caroline Wozniacki nervous for New York City Marathon, even in her dreams 0
- Prosecutors to appeal Oscar Pistorius verdict, sentence 3
- Russian triumphs at Skate America; Gracie Gold third (video) 4
- Ted Ligety struggles in first race of season (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)