Aug 31, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
Maybe it’s time Don Ramos gives up weightlifting.
Ramos, 80, tested positive for a steroid and was suspended two years by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency on Friday.
The Colorado Springs, Colo., native failed a urine test at the Pan American Masters Weightlifting Championships (athletes 35 and over) in Chicago on June 14, when he attempted to set a world record.
Ramos can’t compete again until July 2015.
- President Obama yet to deliver after losing Olympic beer bet 0
- Shannon Szabados joins men’s pro hockey team 0
- Oscar Pistorius said ‘everything is fine’ to security calling about gunshot reports (video) 0
- Ukraine may leave Sochi Paralympics if situation escalates 0
- Five Paralympic storylines to watch in Sochi 2
- Mikaela Shiffrin takes 15th in first post-Olympic race 1
- Oscar Pistorius tried to revive girlfriend after shooting, witness recounts (video) 2