Aug 31, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
Maybe it’s time Don Ramos gives up weightlifting.
Ramos, 80, tested positive for a steroid and was suspended two years by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency on Friday.
The Colorado Springs, Colo., native failed a urine test at the Pan American Masters Weightlifting Championships (athletes 35 and over) in Chicago on June 14, when he attempted to set a world record.
Ramos can’t compete again until July 2015.
- Elana Meyers Taylor wins historic bobsled World Championship 0
- World’s most athletic couple takes the next leap 0
- Is Simone Biles unbeatable? 0
- Rio Olympics could have multiple cauldrons 0
- Mike Powell eyes masters world record, possible Olympic trials run at age 51 0
- Behind the scenes of Miracle on Ice reunion 0
- Nastia Liukin adds to history of Olympians on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)