Aug 31, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Maybe it’s time Don Ramos gives up weightlifting.
Ramos, 80, tested positive for a steroid and was suspended two years by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency on Friday.
The Colorado Springs, Colo., native failed a urine test at the Pan American Masters Weightlifting Championships (athletes 35 and over) in Chicago on June 14, when he attempted to set a world record.
Ramos can’t compete again until July 2015.
- Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charges 2
- Lauryn Williams ‘playing with the idea’ of bobsled this season 0
- Lindsey Vonn set for first skiing in 10 months, named 2016 Youth Olympics ambassador 0
- Talk of a sub-two-hour marathon 2
- Dennis Kimetto breaks world record at Berlin Marathon (video) 0
- IOC adds anti-discrimination clause to Olympic host city contract 0
- Michael Phelps, Katie Ledecky lead Golden Goggles nominees 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)