Aug 29, 2013, 2:12 PM EDT
Lindsey Vonn‘s expected return to skiing on snow next week has many looking forward about six months to her appearance at the Sochi Olympics. One associated question: Will Tiger Woods be there, too?
People Magazine asked Vonn and published her response Thursday.
“We’re going to see how his schedule goes, but he’s hoping to come,” Vonn said. “He’s kind of a fish out of water in the cold weather. It’s going to be really cute!”
The PGA Tour’s schedule for 2014 has not been released yet. In the past, it has come out in October.
Woods would seem to be free from PGA Tour play while Vonn competes in her best events in Sochi (downhill, super-G), if you go by his and the PGA Tour’s normal schedules.
The early February events on the West Coast Swing are the Waste Management Open at TPC Scottsdale, the AT&T Pebble Peach National Pro-Am and the Northern Trust Open at Riviera. Woods has played Pebble Beach once since 2002 and hasn’t played in Scottsdale since 2002 or Riviera since 2006.
Woods may have a conflict if Vonn enters the later technical events of giant slalom (Feb. 18) and slalom (Feb. 21), where she has never won a world or Olympic medal.
The Accenture Match Play Championship, generally a late February event, is a Woods staple.
- USOC eyes majority support for Boston 2024 ‘relatively soon’ 0
- Usain Bolt pulls out of July track meets 1
- Michael Phelps’ career in photos on his 30th birthday 0
- Michael Phelps’ potential record chases at Rio Olympics 0
- Flashback: Michael Phelps at the Sydney 2000 Olympics 0
- Five takeaways from U.S. Track and Field Championships 0
- Boston 2024 releases Olympic bid version 2.0 (photos) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)