Aug 23, 2013, 3:30 AM EST
Massive amounts of dead fish were found in a Rio de Janeiro lake next to the 2016 Olympic park, five months after thousands of dead fish were found at the site of 2016 Olympic rowing events.
Biologists said the 10 tons of fish were probably killed due to raw sewage, according to The Associated Press and environmentalists were investigating.
Below are AP photos of the scene at the Rio lake.
- Shaun White, Kelly Clark headline Dew Tour Olympic qualifying event 0
- Evan Lysacek will not compete at Sochi Olympics (video) 1
- Ted Ligety, Bode Miller go 1-2 in Beaver Creek giant slalom (video) 1
- Lindsey Vonn says she’s ready for Sochi after best comeback result (video) 1
- Jesse Owens’ gold medal goes for $1.4 million in auction 1
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (54)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (45)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (29)
- Vladimir Putin tells critics of Russia at World University Games to ‘try some Viagra’ (18)
- IOC convinced there will be no discrimination at Sochi Olympics (16)