Jul 30, 2013, 7:28 AM EDT
The medals for August’s track and field world championships were released Tuesday. The Moscow organizers deserve style points for originality.
R-Sport described them as having a hollowed-out whirlwind design.
“There is everything I like about these medals,” IAAF vice president Seb Coe said, according to R-Sport. “It’s traditional in shape and it feels right in the athlete’s hand. I think it is a perfect medal.”
The world championships run Aug. 10-18.
- Dara Torres picks greatest female swimmer(s) of all time, recalls teenage Michael Phelps, more in Q&A 1
- Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross withdraw from Moscow Grand Slam 0
- Prefontaine Classic preview, schedule, broadcast info 0
- Kerri Walsh Jennings injures shoulder, forfeits match 0
- Katie Uhlaender, skeleton World champion, becomes track cyclist 0
- Missy Franklin returns to Colorado, coach Todd Schmitz 1
- Rulon Gardner on returning to wrestling training, getting his gold medal back 1
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)