Jul 30, 2013, 7:28 AM EDT
The medals for August’s track and field world championships were released Tuesday. The Moscow organizers deserve style points for originality.
R-Sport described them as having a hollowed-out whirlwind design.
“There is everything I like about these medals,” IAAF vice president Seb Coe said, according to R-Sport. “It’s traditional in shape and it feels right in the athlete’s hand. I think it is a perfect medal.”
The world championships run Aug. 10-18.
- Usain Bolt anchors Jamaica to 4x100m relay gold after U.S. mishap 0
- Ashton Eaton breaks decathlon world record, wins World Championship 0
- Aries Merritt wins bronze before kidney transplant; incredible Worlds performances 0
- Usain Bolt may retire after Rio Olympics 0
- Usain Bolt crushes Justin Gatlin in World Championships 200m 3
- Allyson Felix wins 400m, breaks U.S. record for Worlds medals; Rio preview? 1
- Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin’s first race together from 2005 (video) 0
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (63)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (60)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (47)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (39)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)