Jul 30, 2013, 7:28 AM EDT
The medals for August’s track and field world championships were released Tuesday. The Moscow organizers deserve style points for originality.
R-Sport described them as having a hollowed-out whirlwind design.
“There is everything I like about these medals,” IAAF vice president Seb Coe said, according to R-Sport. “It’s traditional in shape and it feels right in the athlete’s hand. I think it is a perfect medal.”
The world championships run Aug. 10-18.
- Summer Sanders returns to run Boston Marathon again 0
- Catching up with Bruce Jenner 0
- Boston Marathon finish line security visibility increased after backpack incident 0
- ISU receives South Korea complaint over figure skating judging 7
- Boston Marathon tribute, moment of silence held near finish line 1
- Can Michael Phelps excel in comeback? 0
- Oscar Pistorius’ cross-examination ends at murder trial 2
- Emotional Bode Miller medals in race that mattered most (61)
- Russian women kissing after relay victory at World Championships causes stir (55)
- IOC drops wrestling from 2020 Olympics (46)
- South Korea filing official complaint over Yuna Kim’s Olympic silver (37)
- Zola Budd, 47, dominates college runners in 5K (33)